Help: Single wall brick extension, what to do?

I bought a house with a single wall extension. I intend to transform it into a room and  one toilet, not ensuite. A contractor advised me to demolish and build from the beginning.  It's that right? I was thinking of building another brick line with insulation in the between.

Thanks 

Clo

extension wall outside.jpg

OUtside extension room.jpg

You don’t know what the foundations are like and then you need to put in wall ties so probably quicker, cheaper and easier to knock down and start again.

if you really don’t want to knock it down then an inner stud wall and insulation 

Perhaps take a look at the websites for insulation manufacturers. Some have guides on how to use their product on a garage conversion (which are frequently single brick).

I have a single skin extension on the back of our house that holds the washroom, downstairs WC & boiler room.
I have no idea the sort of foundations it sits on but I doubt they would be up to current regs. Luckily the external door & structural wall is still in place from the main building, so we will be knocking the single skin down and rebuilding.

I doubt it'd add much to your cost to knock down and rebuild vs the extra labour costs in retrofitting fit wall ties etc.