Oh no! what have I done? Although Pocster will be proud of me

Thorfun

4 hours ago, pocster said:

It’s ace ! If you get too trigger happy you can jam a screw in there ( get the depth gauge at the head end right ) . Now you need to buy all the other black n gold dream machines !

it's already happened 

image.jpeg.9ce9a9b09865343941be4bb29f8d32d0.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crispy_wafer said:

Good choice sir!  On my shopping list too!

4 hours ago, pocster said:

It’s ace ! If you get too trigger happy you can jam a screw in there ( get the depth gauge at the head end right ) . Now you need to buy all the other black n gold dream machines !

it is indeed a good machine. I'm sure the Makita one would've done the job just as well but it wasn't discounted. 😉 

5 hours ago, MikeSharp01 said:

Where did you find it discounted? I need one in a month or so.

https://www.toolden.co.uk/power-tools/cordless-power-tools/cordless-drills/cordless-collated-screw-guns/DeWalt-dcf620d2k-brushless-collated-drywall-screwdriver-18-volt-2-x-2-0ah-li-ion/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpbb7_YH4_wIVw_rtCh0yEwTaEAQYAyABEgJWw_D_BwE

but I got mine from Toolstation for a little bit more as it's local and can return easier if it ever develops a fault.

23 hours ago, Thorfun said:

it's already happened 

image.jpeg.9ce9a9b09865343941be4bb29f8d32d0.jpeg

it is a lovely machine! 

image.jpeg.a4d3ae4fe2ddd360c47d6a11996c0ac6.jpeg

I think I'm a convert @pocster

also had fun with the drywall screwdriver today

IMG_5147.jpeg.a44f613075893755d81d27d2233e2d14.jpeg

@MikeSharp01 and @crispy_wafer it certainly makes it a lot easier. I've had a few issues with screws not going in straight and even going enough sideways to screw into the guide at the nose of the screwdriver! I'm not sure if it's me and my technique or the machine. I'll persevere with it and see what happens. can always take it back to Toolstation for a replacement if it keeps happening. but I do honestly think it was beginners mishap.

• Like 2

On 06/07/2023 at 17:25, Thorfun said:

it is indeed a good machine. I'm sure the Makita one would've done the job just as well but it wasn't discounted. 😉 

Makita one jams way too many times. The guys working for me all have the DeWalt as you do. Good choice. 

Edited by Nickfromwales
typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Thorfun said:

Thank **** for that!

But ! You are now a Dewalt man ! . So you must honour the sanctum of the black n gold . There are multiple tasks you must perform before you are encapsulated in the clan 

• Sad 1

Not a bad deal, I'm trying not to spend money though  other than materials at the moment 🤣, but there are a few tools I need for simple one off jobs.  Yesterday I had to rip down some 4*2 taking a 45 degree cut so I could create a wedge to go in between 2 studs like video below, needed a table saw really, managed it with a jig and a skillsaw and plenty of work with the planer.  Otherwise I'm not sure ive got a need for a tablesaw.

• Like 1