Does 'Door Leaf 2040 x 826' mean that's the size of the door?

Sorry looking at the plans and see this 'Door Leaf 2040 x 826' does that mean that is the size of the door we need to buy?

Started looking, jeez the glass ones are dear. I take it the solid ones are best re sound insulation? Anywhere in particular is good to use? Obviously are on a tight budget so swanky is out.

Most of the builders yards have connections with various door suppliers. I had an account with lowdens so they use Doorways in Belfast. When I had the price for what I needed I went round the other places to see if any could beat it then went back to doorways with the quote that was less and they knocked money off to get the sale. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CalvinHobbes said:

Whoah just saw this, surely we could save on the joinery then by going prehung? What are the downsides? Guessing cost?

they would get muntered by all the various trades if you fitted them at 1st fix stage which is when you need the liners in place.

12 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

they would get muntered by all the various trades if you fitted them at 1st fix stage which is when you need the liners in place.

The one we did in Oxford was stop-beaded, plastered, painted and so on. Bathrooms in and done, kitchen fitted, M&E complete, and THEN the happy polish guy turned up with a van-load of pre-made & swung units. A couple of days and they were done, zero issue. 

You can design out any problem ;) 

These guys slept on site, using packs of acoustic Rockwool as mattresses :D. That's what you call 'saving your digs money', but on a whole new level.

• Like 1