Outside hot tap security?

Super_Paulie

thanks for the info chaps. But like i said, i have an isolator already, the tap is connected directly to the manifold which has isolation at that point. Was just looking for a relatively nice solution so i dont have to go into a cupboard every day to turn it. Padlock and eye bolt is what i am going for.

3 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

Shoot the dog and stop washing cars, it is now illegal to entice a boy scout with your puppy for a bob-a-job.

I see, cheers.

17 hours ago, Super_Paulie said:

Worried about going on holiday for a fortnight and coming back to a hot tap that's been running for 14 days, sure! The tap is street side, so public facing, although it's a decent area I guess it's not out of the question to occur.

Isolate the hot water while on holiday?

You could put a 15mm electric valve in, I have that to shutdown my garage supply on the cold feed so I can switch off the water (connection is under the floor so I could not easily add a valve) in the winter. 

Edited by Carrerahill

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/06/2023 at 14:23, Carrerahill said:

Isolate the hot water while on holiday?

You could put a 15mm electric valve in, I have that to shutdown my garage supply on the cold feed so I can switch off the water (connection is under the floor so I could not easily add a valve) in the winter. 

We have an electronic ball valve stopcock that automatically shuts off when the house alarm is armed. This is mostly to reduce damage if there's a leak when we're out, but also very effectively shuts off all the outdoor taps. I'd never even considered that benefit. (Albeit drawback if we ever have a gardener or automated irrigation, beyond what waterbutts can supply)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeterW said:

standard bit of process control kit - the good ones like this only use power when they are in operation so have no hold open / closed power use

https://www.solenoid-valve.world/connexion/1-electrically-actuated-ball-valve-9-24vacdc-or-110-240vac-abvm08s

Yes that's what I have. Controlled via Loxone in my case, but with the engineer code I could have the texecom panel directly set/clear an output relay on arm.