ASHP, how to decide - I just don't get it!

Jimbo37

2 hours ago, markocosic said:

Zero benefits whatsoever since they were shut down due to vibrations/sound

I am quite strongly against green roofs as being a good thing in principle. I tried to get an HSE inspector to forbid one as it required otherwise unnecessary access to the roof during construction and in use, He agreed that would be best, but he said he didn't want to get involved.

I also asked the planner if painting the words "green roof" on the surface would suffice, as it matched the plan and would be more sustainable.

No, but got a giggle.

They increase carbon dramatically in construction, but have little impact in life. Sedum grows in Norfolk, sedum grows a bit more, where transported to, sedum dies.

But.  That tower block is lunacy. I never saw the blades move on perhaps 30 sightings over the years.

I haven't heard about costs...I think everyone involved keeps their heads down.  But my estimates are that an extensive  green roof, with public access, would have cost £5M, and the windmill feature £30M, to which allow for a reduction in floorspace. 

That could be recalculated into carbon used.

I've always that thuis would make a good article in Architects Journal.

20 years on, what do the designers and developer want to say?

• Like 1

Fair points.

Perhaps PV or PVT as a shade over terrace would have been an better use of that high rise roof space.

Keeps the rain off the air source heat pumps to be used for heating/cooling the place. 

Walkway around them for servicing and viewing?

Not trendy enough for architects/planners/funders though!