Plaster-in valves

Any suggestions? I have 90mm duct going into 125mm plenums. Would prefer a plaster-in/frameless valve in each room, if possible, but the ones I've seen so far are approx £70 each!

£70 is a good price. What were you expecting to pay when the petrol service station looking ones are a couple of those 7 tenners or more!

Do you have a link to what you’ve seen? I’m spec’ing these for all my projects, the regular ones have never sat well with me, and my clients agree. Plaster in ones ( round and linear ) are just wonderful looking things by comparison. 

Lemonade job = a couple of tenners.

Champagne job = ‘more’ ;)  

2 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

£70 is a good price. What were you expecting to pay when the petrol service station looking ones are a couple of those 7 tenners or more!

Do you have a link to what you’ve seen? I’m spec’ing these for all my projects, the regular ones have never sat well with me, and my clients agree. Plaster in ones ( round and linear ) are just wonderful looking things by comparison. 

Lemonade job = a couple of tenners.

Champagne job = ‘more’ ;)  

I think these were the cheapest I could find - https://www.ventilationland.co.uk/product/46223/frameless-ventilation-valve-round-o-125-mm.html

I'd also have a problem fitting them to be fair. They look like they need to be fitted from above (lugs sitting on top of the PB, rather than beneath it like plaster-in downlights), and I have a cold roof with the AVCL running across the bottom of the roof joists, so no access from above... 

59 minutes ago, jayc89 said:

I think these were the cheapest I could find - https://www.ventilationland.co.uk/product/46223/frameless-ventilation-valve-round-o-125-mm.html

I'd also have a problem fitting them to be fair. They look like they need to be fitted from above (lugs sitting on top of the PB, rather than beneath it like plaster-in downlights), and I have a cold roof with the AVCL running across the bottom of the roof joists, so no access from above... 

You slot them in from underneath once the hole is cut, and then you screw up through the plasterboard and into the metal tabs ;) 

19 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

You slot them in from underneath once the hole is cut, and then you screw up through the plasterboard and into the metal tabs ;) 

I only have a 25mm service void between PB and AVCL running across the bottom of the roof joists. The plenum sits above and penetrates through the AVCL, screwed into the joists. I doubt I'll have the wiggle room to slot them in from underneath like that. 

I did wonder whether I could make an inverse hatch. Screw the valve onto a square of PB 600x600 (to match my service void battens), push that up to engage the plenum, as I should be able to get my hands in to make sure it's snug, then carry on with full lengths of PB again. A bit nasty? 

1 hour ago, jayc89 said:

Just found 2x for £70 on eBay. The Yorkshireman in me is much happier with that price. 

13 hours ago, jayc89 said:

I only have a 25mm service void between PB and AVCL running across the bottom of the roof joists. The plenum sits above and penetrates through the AVCL, screwed into the joists. I doubt I'll have the wiggle room to slot them in from underneath like that. 

I did wonder whether I could make an inverse hatch. Screw the valve onto a square of PB 600x600 (to match my service void battens), push that up to engage the plenum, as I should be able to get my hands in to make sure it's snug, then carry on with full lengths of PB again. A bit nasty? 

A means to an end, is what that option is ;)  

Carry on, as these are 1000% worth every ounce of your time and effort.

”If it was easy……..”

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, GaryBixhall1984 said:

I bought these from VentillationLand - the ErgoVent and I love them. Do you have a link to the eBay for 2 for £70?!?! Thanks!

Well I do, but it's ended, because I bought them :)