Alarm programming

Evening all,

We have had our alarm system installed which has taken ages (in stages since December.)

Everything seems to be wired apart from one door sensor for the garage door.

They are meant to be returning to fit the last sensor then programming the new system but I’m now struggling to contact them.

Is it possible to use another company to complete the programming or is this not really the done thing?

Think we still owe £1200 for the programming (not sure if this is around the going rate?)

Thank-you for any help

Which manufacturer is the alarm made by?

Most support some sort of system take over process., for when the original installer goes bust. Yours can't have had the programming fuse blown as programming not done so technically should be possible. Contractually may leave you in a sub optimal place though:

- you'll probably loose acces to supplier's warranty through the original installer

- original installer may still expect programming payment if it was part of their instruction.

- who will do ongoing maintenance and support? Most relevant if you're doing a graded system with police call out.

• 1 month later...
On 28/03/2023 at 22:16, Dan1983 said:

Think we still owe £1200 for the programming (not sure if this is around the going rate?)

Ouch...

Our electrician installed our Texecon premier to first fix and panels.  6 wired and 5 wireless transmitters [my supply].  for various reasons, he never got round to finalising the install.   

Local CCTV / Alarm Company - Installing bell, 5 PIR's and Wireless Shocks and then programming - £250 - about 3 hours work for 2 guys.  Happy to take on the the work, and they get there advert on my Bell.

On 28/03/2023 at 22:16, Dan1983 said:

Evening all,

We have had our alarm system installed which has taken ages (in stages since December.)

Everything seems to be wired apart from one door sensor for the garage door.

They are meant to be returning to fit the last sensor then programming the new system but I’m now struggling to contact them.

Is it possible to use another company to complete the programming or is this not really the done thing?

Thank-you for any help

What sort of system is it?

With any luck the system has not been fired up yet and could be commissioned by anyone with the savvy. If it is a Texecom or something similar you could do it yourself with the manual. 

Probably just needs firing up, battery connecting etc. you would need to know the cable designations for the zones and what they do but even that could be worked out by a competent spark or DIYer. 

Edited by Carrerahill

• 4 weeks later...

It has now all been sorted thanks guys.

only

remaining issue is they could not connect me to the texecom app and also left with back light on the external siren which we asked to be off, struggling to get them back to sort!

1 hour ago, Dan1983 said:

It has now all been sorted thanks guys.

only

remaining issue is they could not connect me to the texecom app and also left with back light on the external siren which we asked to be off, struggling to get them back to sort!

got the engineer code or the main code ..? Can set that off the menu on the ricochet from memory