Help me with my MVHR quote!

Hi all, would value opinions on the attached spec for the MVHR in our new build! Feels cheap! I’m looking for a good spec system as once it’s in, it’s in for life!… but I don’t know what good looks like. 

Maybe the attached is perfect. Not sure!

Any advice appreciated 

DB903C09-4243-408B-B323-BF77FD6A12A3.jpeg

If your house is 370m2 as it says you may have some long runs which often means double or triple, depending on room size and type as its 75mm ducting. Worth considering having a detailed layout done from your plans so you know exactly what you need and where. 

Personally I would consider going up a pipe diameter to 90mm or so to have fewer pipe runs. Not sure if BPC offer this, though other suppliers are available.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miek said:

If your house is 370m2 as it says you may have some long runs which often means double or triple, depending on room size and type as its 75mm ducting. Worth considering having a detailed layout done from your plans so you know exactly what you need and where. 

Personally I would consider going up a pipe diameter to 90mm or so to have fewer pipe runs. Not sure if BPC offer this, though other suppliers are available.

So by going up to 90mm there is no need to double up on the runs that otherwise require it using 75mm? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JackofAll said:

So by going up to 90mm there is no need to double up on the runs that otherwise require it using 75mm? 

i think it all depends on the airflow required and needs to be calculated. we had 90mm ducts specified as our unit was pushing the limits of the area of the house and so by upping the duct size it made it all work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve asked them to remove the annex from the quote as we don’t need it in there. They’ve given two further options (attached).  

What we really don’t want is cold drafts blasting out in winter, so I’m leaning towards the Zehnder ComfoAir Q600 option but the pre-heater version (not the standard one as quoted in option 2 attached). 

C5F405AA-7E04-43B7-A1B9-6015063EC0FC.jpeg

F26D159F-326D-46BB-871D-7BA3AEAD5C3B.jpeg

Just spoke to the supplier and they said the main difference between the two options above was the Zehnder had an app and the Axia didn't!  (an app would be nice but not £2k nice!)

They also said the Axia was the most reliable on the market - very few maintenance issues.  I guess hence the 5 yr warranty they offer.  

I'll be going with the Axia option.  So far I've been impressed with BPC!

Hope this thread helps others.  Thanks for all your input.

With the vent axia make sure you have the remote control - this replicates the display on the machine, this link is for the kinetic but there should be one for the high flow version.

Sentinel Kinetic Wired Remote Controller | Vent-Axia

We put ours on the landing - saves going up to the loft when messing around with it. 

And wire in your boost to your light switches as the vent as the vent axia wireless ones look very 1980's 

Vent Axia SMV Wireless Transmitter Controller Receiver Kit

See if they will price match this-

Vent Axia 408449 Lo Carbon Sentinel Kinetic High Flow MVHR Heat Recovery Unit Right Hand Flow (powerdiscount.co.uk)

save £26.40  - every little helps