Glazing unit blown?

Hi all, we have not long had our windows (triple glazed alu) installed.

I was present at the time to help with some of the lifting and shifting and it was all done very carefully with a scissor lift.

All four shaped windows had what looked like mist in them in a very small part of the top corner which has  now gone. (Inside the unit) This morning it came back fractionally when the sun came up.

The installer (who did not supply the windows) said he had seen it before and it had cleared, my concern is obviously that the unit(s) are blown - I have seen this before but it looks different to this and it’s not condensation drops. 

I wondered if it’s because it’s very cold here and there are no doors and not all windows in yet, so inside is as cold as outside!

Any thoughts before I hit the manufacturer on Monday?!

Thanks 

42FDDA3C-2222-462B-B062-A704B307F1C4.jpeg

289A4212-30E9-4F5C-AEF8-38EB1B055337.jpeg

In 2006 I changed my old units because they were all blown, 17 years on, I have to do the same.

When I bought them, the guy who made them said that that as I was putting them in timber frames,, the guarantee was only 12 months.

I think 3 out of the 14 have not blown.

I’m not convinced the OP is a blown unit, the high point will collect anything rising in the unit as it warms, yes the argon should be pure but tiny amounts of water are almost unavoidable after cleaning etc. when we did Lowry centre in Manchester, the diamond shaped pains were and probably still are collecting in the top corners and look terrible on bright mornings.

Not convinced it's a blown unit, really difficult to tell but it's potentially the Low E coating or just a really dirty unit inside, I'd be on the phone with the supplier and get them out to replace it. If it's not on the external or internal panes that can be cleaned it fails GGF guidelines on glazing units. Your supplier will be replacing them tbh, they'll raise a complaint to their glass supplier.

Edited by craig
  • Like 1