Bereco V Rationel ?

Post and beam

Does anyone know where Bereco sit on the quality/price spectrum? I have a feeling they sit above Rationel. My proposed Potton build has quoted for Rationel but there are a couple of details that the boss does not like.

Thanks in advance guys.

I will be phoning them soonest.

They are a decent enough window, around the same as Rationel, Velfac but not really had a great dealing with them tbh.

I can’t really give as much insight.

Edited by craig

Thanks Guys

I am happy with the actual glazing that Rationel have quoted for but the boss has picked up a few details she does not like much. The handles for example. They dont appear to have much of a choice of these.

Dont like any of their doors either very much. I dont really want to have a different supplier of the external doors to the windows but might have to do so.

We much prefer the Bereco doors which is why i looked again at them yesterday.

27 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Who did you go with instead, or are you still looking?

Just in the process of deciding 

From memory the quote was getting towards 50 k without a front ot back door 

Supply only 

Nearly 12 months ago 

So probably more now

3957999A-D2B9-4F1A-8A52-037FCC202CE6.png

Edited by nod

1 hour ago, nod said:

I found the Rational quote quite ridiculous More expensive than building the house and workshop 

420m2 

And that was supply only

You self built ( in the truest meaning though ). Doubtful that it would be the same for anyone who can’t physically build it themselves or are in the trade with good contacts / knowledge etc. ;) 

2 hours ago, AD1 said:

We went with Weru. They're the leading brand in Germany and have a showroom in Blackpool. Worth a look if you want quality.. 

Just had a look at the site. They are part of the same group that owns Rationel/Velfac. I need to investigate showroom options nearer to hertfordshire.  Thanks by th way, this is interesting.

• 3 months later...

Hey folks, can anyone comment on price difference between Rational and Bereco on same scope? I have quotes from Rationel already but targeting a price point around 20% less than their current offer.