Heat Cloud

Anyone used Heat Cloud (https://www.heat-cloud.co.uk) instead of UFH in a new build?  Claims to perform better than UFH in terms of efficiency, response times, cooling capability, ease of installation and future accessibility should it malfunction but can't find any reviews.  Be great to have some feedback from anyone who has either looked into it or used it.

Many thanks

I'd say this considerably more expensive than UFH. It seems to be flat radiators that are mounted in a ceiling or wall. Going by the photos, more equipment and more labour than UFH. Interesting to know tho.

Just a variation of a theme.  Wall and ceiling heating have been around for decades.  Again lots buzz words making it sound great and extra special.  If you want a low inertia floor, that can be done also.

Good marketing, making it sound new and efficient, and natural.

This principle  has been around for decades. Lindab make, or made,  a version of it. I think it could be  useful in providing hot water radiators in big open spaces. 

The rads could be at work stations.

In a corridor it will warm peoples' heads up where the heat is gathering, and the air temperature can remain cooler, and save energy.

Not in hospital corridors though if full of waiting patients. 

In a domestic scenario it isn't so obvious if this is efficient.

Logically it shouldn't be expensive....but i think it is. I tried.

Getting a quote was very difficult...."send us your detailed  design for our system and then we can quote"...  My answer...No.

We have discussed this before.

In a really well insulated house, however you heat it, the "heat the person not the room" principle won't work long before you have accidentally heated the building.

+1

If it does heat up faster that might be useful if both of you are out at work in the daytime ? 

In my opinion UFH works best for families with one person at home most days. It's less efficient if you are both at work. For example many people have UFH on setback at night. Then set the UFH to come on at say 5am so the house is warm when you get up, then an hour later you go off to work and the now hot slab continues to heat your house while there is nobody home. 

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, NHudson said:

Radiant Heating is a topic right?

Yes and worth discussing for completeness.

It is especially helpful when people can be steered away from hokum.

Many, I am cautious about saying most, people don't understand " energy in = energy out".

• Like 1