Decorators caulk or sealant between window frame and plaster

Moonshine

12 minutes ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

definitely not caulk, always ends up cracking

That’s what I have found . But that’s exactly what it is apparently for . Only thing then is silicone - but not paintable 🫤

22 minutes ago, pocster said:

That’s what I have found . But that’s exactly what it is apparently for . Only thing then is silicone - but not paintable 🫤

Acrylic sealant is apparently, but don't know if this is silicone?

32 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

Acrylic sealant is apparently, but don't know if this is silicone?

Yeah I’m always confused by this . Outside of a wet zone I want flexible and paintable . Problem with silicone is not paintable ( afaik ) and that shiny sheen when I want Matt .

2 hours ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

As I said before, CT1, Hybrid filler and sealant, has the strength and flexibility, but is also paintable.

How well does it smooth and shape Mike? A wet finger or shaping tool works well?

The caulking I applied before Christmas when redecorating is already cracking (joy of clay and slight movement) and so I need to get a better product.

7 hours ago, Sparrowhawk said:

How well does it smooth and shape Mike? A wet finger or shaping tool works well?

The caulking I applied before Christmas when redecorating is already cracking (joy of clay and slight movement) and so I need to get a better product.

performs just like silicone, real easy to tool down, and get a good shine on it if you need that finish. Last lot I smoothed with finger and soapy water, really must get some tools, been looking at fugenfux silicone spatulas but they’re bloody expensive!

2 minutes ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

performs just like silicone, real easy to tool down, and get a good shine on it if you need that finish. Last lot I smoothed with finger and soapy water,

Great to hear, thanks!

2 minutes ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

really must get some tools, been looking at fugenfux silicone spatulas but they’re bloody expensive!

I bought some cheap ones from Amazon and they've been okay. The 90 degree corner has worn very quickly and is the one I've used the most (sealing skirting boards to the floor, want the caulk in the gap under the skirting board not sticking out) so I am thinking of trying a more expensive and tougher set.