On-site storage for clothes, gloves, etc?

Does anyone have recommendations for ways to store clothes etcetera in a dirty, damp, mouldy site?

The site of our barn conversions is a 25 minute drive from home, which isn't too far, but is far enough to be quite annoying when you've forgotten stuff. For this reason we want to store stuff down there, like work clothes. We've got a concrete barn but it's not watertight, and anything left there for more than a couple of weeks gets absolutely covered in what I can only describe as "ming" (or to be more grown-up: some kind of mould).

We could get your household plastic storage boxes, but I don't know if they'd seal tightly enough to keep the mould and damp out. Ideally it'd be great to get something about the size of a cupboard that has a really good seal but I can expect that being expensive, if it even exists!

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Edited by Drellingore
Clarified topic

• Drellingore changed the title to On-site storage for clothes, gloves, etc?

We have a plastic storage box we keep the outside cushions in and it’s surprisingly watertight. A bit big for your purposes but you can get smaller versions and probably second hand on gumtree of Faceache marketplace 

1 hour ago, Drellingore said:

The site of our barn conversions is a 25 minute drive from home, which isn't too far, but is far enough to be quite annoying when you've forgotten stuff. For this reason we want to store stuff down there, like work clothes. We've got a concrete barn but it's not watertight, and anything left there for more than a couple of weeks gets absolutely covered in what I can only describe as "ming" (or to be more grown-up: some kind of mould).

We're a similar distance, to be honest we go so frequently you get pretty clued in to what we need. Site clothes just live in the car, and go back and forwards to be washed as needed, so we don't really feel the need to store "personal" stuff on-site.

16 hours ago, Jilly said:

I think you'd find the plastic boxes with reasonably tight fitting lids might be ok. 

"really usefull" brand of boxes are good quality but will cost a bit more, and have good fitting lids. 

Whatever you do come up with, if you find a good solution for drying gloves/ hats / boots etc..that doesn't involve bringing them into an already high moisture atmosphere (static caravan) then I'm listening.

We built our "utility block" so we have a dry storage area, but heating it to dry gloves etc seems such a waste.... Until, that is you come to put them on the next day.💦❄️.