Electric loft ladder

3 minutes ago, ToughButterCup said:

Dunno if I'm just a bit pissed ... but anyone have a mental image of their children / grand children 'havin' fun' on that Leccy Ladder Thingy  ?

Forget the kids or grandkids … it would be me!.

I love toys but an electric loft ladder? Think that would go with the chocolate fireguard 

Not a windup at all, as my loft space is being fully boarded and is over 80m2(after storage for cylinders, boilers etc.), I wanted something that made it easier to use . Before extension my old loft ladder was cumbersome and I was only one going up. Trying to make it easier to go up, as likely using more as have lost my garage space.

Lots of Italian companies that I have seen that seem to break after couple of years. But lately tempted by the skylark uk based, but ? Worth benefit

If you have that much loft space and are going to use it regularly as a work / hobby space then I would do it properly, make it as a proper 1 room loft with proper insulation and a staircase.

If you are worried about it being habitable space and increasing your council tax, do it as a separate "extension" after completion of the main building and after council tax valuation.