Induction hobs with extractor - Bora/Novy/Miele/Neff...?!

On 14/01/2023 at 08:58, DorsetEndHouse said:

Morning all,

We're scratching our heads and unsure which way to turn when it comes to extractor induction hobs.  We would like a large hob with built in extractor, not the pop up type, and like the look of Bora/Novy/Miele/Elica - grateful for any real life experiences recommendations please?

Thanks in advance

Hey! One consideration I had over looked after buying an "AEG Moon" (not built , however) for a kitchen island. 

BR informed me it needed to be extracted externally at min. 60 L/s - Check BR Part F - Ventilation.

• 11 months later...

it has been. While since this thread was updated.

Has anyone got any experience of the wider Ikea induction hob with built in extraction?

There were a few comments in the thread about it being significantly cheaper than an Elica, however both seem to be around £1400 now.

Bora seems much more expensive, and there is very little real information available that isn't just marketing.

We saw the Bora in-hob extractor and the Neff (Actually Siemens in their London Demo kitchen) both in-hob and the downdraft.

They all work as-described. The Bora we only saw with a pan of boiling water, the Siemens/Neff was a three course lunch. 

We went for the Neff Downdraft in the end, mostly to retain five cooking spots on the hob but I can't deny that the theatre of the downdraft is incredible - I'm just hoping that I can get Alexa to play this tune every time we use it (scheduled Jun/Jul)

Regards

Tet

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, kandgmitchell said:

Did I see somewhere on the site about an extraction hob being vat claimable or is age getting to me............

I believe hob isn’t , extractor is .

This I will argue when I do my vat reclaim …

12 hours ago, Conor said:

We successfully claimed our extraction hob. No questions.

That's interesting.... especially as my wife has taken to the Bora version she was shown in the kitchen show room.......That'll be a kidney and half your spleen please sir....

14 hours ago, Conor said:

We successfully claimed our extraction hob. No questions.

We did as well, we did not ask the question, we put the receipt in. Crossed out the fridge freezer and dishwasher. 

Our is Elica Switch and is great.   

• Like 1