Local paper did a feature on our house.

23 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

I’ve been speaking with North East Contracts in Arbroath to fit our Catnic metal roof. 

Oh now that's interesting. I need someone to come out and do some repair on the garage roof after it got clipped by the oak coming down. Might be cheaper than getting people form Glasgow for a small repair.

1 hour ago, Gone West said:

@Ralph Excellent house, well done. I really like the minimalist lifestyle, but I know it doesn't suit everyone. When we sold our house the visiting estate agent thought we had done a tidy up, but I explained that it's just the way we live.

Thanks! What I don't show is the inside of the garage. It's a different story!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Adsibob said:

Nice house @Ralph. I can’t believe you got that built for £300k. Was that including everything? Absolute bargain.

The article mentions your fantastic joiner. What did he do for you apart from the treads, and how did you find him?

Cheers. It was pretty much everything including the landscaping and architect fees. Did not include the plot though.

The joiner had been working for the builder but left before we parted ways. His work stood out and we got him back evenings and weekends to do the finishing work and a good bit of the kitchen.