Help with sourcing a shower enclosure

I have a shower going in that is a 1000mm x 900mm, and its semi enclosed as below, i want the door to swing out as below, but the enclosure is doesn't go all the way round. does anyone know of a type of enclosure that works like this? i am expecting to have to get a special piece of glass cut for the return site as its not a standard size.

image.png.cc37892c3c21a3a76320cffdff37609e.png

Why don’t you make a wet room instead. Then instead of an enclosure, you would have a small pannel on the left, say 400mm deep, to protect your entrance door and door way from splash and spray. 
will feel much more spacious this way than a shower enclosure.

57 minutes ago, Adsibob said:

Why don’t you make a wet room instead. Then instead of an enclosure, you would have a small pannel on the left, say 400mm deep, to protect your entrance door and door way from splash and spray. 
will feel much more spacious this way than a shower enclosure.

that is an interesting idea, but not really considered a wet room before, its currently a caberdeck floor, wouldn't i need to put something else down over this, and if so how does this tie in at door thresholds.

1 hour ago, Adsibob said:

We have very similar in a recess in a wet room. except 900 deep 1200 wide wet room shower former sitting in a 400mm deep recess.

Next to the door is a little fixed 300mm panel just to stop water splashing the door.  It does not need to be a perfect seal, so we bought an "over bath" panel set 100mm above the floor and the top is about head height. It does the job nicely to stop the door getting splashed.

Everything is so much easier and more spacious with a wet room.

24 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Cheapest may be to extend the wall on the left to the end of the shower tray, then you will just need a 900 hinged or pivot door.

That could be an option actually, it may make the entrance into the bathroom a bit narrow, but could work 

14 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

That could be an option actually, it may make the entrance into the bathroom a bit narrow, but could work 

It's an option, but i think a panel will be much thinner and more elegant. Also easier as no need to build the wall and decorate it.

Check out this website: https://www.wetrooms-online.com/collections/black-shower-screens-black-shower-enclosures

Some of the panels are only 8mm thick.

The one I have is 400mm wide (with an adjustment range of something like 380mm to 420mm) and I got a floor to ceiling post with it, which looks really good. I'll post a pic later.

Edited by Adsibob

1C7CA0DC-032E-4281-972A-6D425136B8C3.thumb.jpeg.78aee9af74f3a05cca33efabd81366c4.jpeg

Obvuously Matt black May not be to everyone ‘s tastes, but we have matt black windows, so it made sense in our bathroom. We have a water softener so the glass dries clear with virtually no marks, even though we don’t do any thing to it. This brings me onto the “spacious” point. Our shower room is small, if the screen was replaced by something opaque it would really make the area feel cramped. Instead, when you are showering, you feel like you have quite a bit of space.

I'd go for a larger shower tray - say 1.2-1.4m long, the panel on the side as suggested.

And then just not have a door. I hate shower doors - always get gunged up and need scooping out like a sheep with a gangrenous butt. Yuk.

You could put the shower at the back or on the long side if you were concerned about spray, to control that.

One option is to have a slightly shorter panel on both sides and go in at the corner.

F

33 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

can you send me an image of the base of this, as this is the arrangement that will have, with the shower facing into the room, like you have it.

I don’t have the exact brand and model we used, but effectively we had something like this:

https://wetroomsdesign.co.uk/wet-room-kit-800-x-1200-line-pure?gclid=Cj0KCQiAtvSdBhD0ARIsAPf8oNkIg0AQKJ39OYtVtXISqaUcX5tqGO8FK__CoY8VeGDgm3woamVrkwgaAvt7EALw_wcB

it was installed so that the opposite end of the linear drain was level with the adjacent UFH boards. Then everything is covered in tiles.

They come in lots of sizes. I think ours is 800mm wide, but they come in 900mm wide and 1000mm wide as well. 

Edited by Adsibob