Condensation between double glazed panes

WWilts

21 minutes ago, WWilts said:

Need to check if it is really between panes or just on the external surface of outer pane

If it is external, it’s doing the job it’s supposed to.

Edited by craig
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, craig said:

If it is external, it’s doing the job it’s supposed to.

It’s fairly obvious where the condensation is formed, just wipe it. If it doesn’t come off, on the inside.

My windows (unoccupied new build) have loads of condensation on the outside every morning, presume this will go when it is heated?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bonner said:

My windows (unoccupied new build) have loads of condensation on the outside every morning, presume this will go when it is heated?

I would hope not. Mine only cleared when the sun came up or the wind started to blow. If it clears when the house is heated, the glazing isn't keeping the heat in enough.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gone West said:

I would hope not. Mine only cleared when the sun came up or the wind started to blow. If it clears when the house is heated, the glazing isn't keeping the heat in enough.

Our north facing windows have almost permanent condensation on the outside at this time of year.  Indeed it's ice on the outside of them at the moment.  As above it shows they are working and not letting enough heat through to melt that ice.

• Like 1