YALANCT (Yet Another Loxone And Network Cabling Thread)

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, TechyTim said:

I've had a peak - you're finding your way, as am I 🙂

Yes, the terminal blocks. I get the concept, but I don't see the why the double and triple decker versions?

Couldn't these be used for all the different circuits, whether it be from a dimmer extension or just using the miniserver relays?

image.png.3382844332381c485fdeff8b30cbff68.png

Afaik you can use whatever you want to use! I used the one you posted as I terminated every T&E on the side with 3 levels as the earths all commoned on the din rail. @Rob99 uses double decker TB for L & N and terminates the earths on a connection bar. Horses for courses from my perspective. 

my sparks was happy with the way I’d done it. 

there are only 2 levels on the “internal” side as there’s no earth from the relays so it’s just the switched live and commoned neutral from the RCBO

Edited by Thorfun
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TechyTim said:

I've had a peak - you're finding your way, as am I 🙂

Yes, the terminal blocks. I get the concept, but I don't see the why the double and triple decker versions?

Couldn't these be used for all the different circuits, whether it be from a dimmer extension or just using the miniserver relays?

image.png.3382844332381c485fdeff8b30cbff68.png

Double decker for twin and earth, triple decker for anything taking 3-core and earth e.g. blinds with 2 switched lives for up/down drive

• Thanks 1

put the new Loxone relay extension in and connected up the blinds to it and they just work. it was a good experiment trying the SSRs and I still have them if I want to use cheap relays for something else (maybe the wet UFH control when I get that set up?). cabinet is almost ready to put the covers on as there's not many more lighting circuits I can connect up at the moment. making a final push for BCO sign off in the next couple of months so need to make it all safe and get the electrics signed off.

image.thumb.jpeg.3f8fdee6709b6108ce07be1fb2bd561e.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/04/2024 at 18:05, Thorfun said:

maybe the wet UFH control when I get that set up?

probably not a good match for SSRs

- ASHP controls tend to need a dry contact input for the call for heat or whatever

- UFH manifold actuators tend to be extremely small load and don't draw enough current for the SSR to actually turn on

You can certainly use them for any circulation pumps you maybe driving directly from loxone though

• Thanks 1