Hand basin - impossible fittings

Pocster

Small hand basin .

It would seem impossible to :

fit the plastic washers that keep the steel away from the porcelain and allow adjustment . Though I’ve put a rubber sleeve over the bolts for now .

The 2nd nut is impossible to fit .

Any advice welcome 

D3B74F6E-D95D-4DBF-BB9F-EEAF01859D4B.jpeg

3744AAD0-7981-472E-ACBD-1B3867F9B489.jpeg

Right !

F this wall fitting .

Take board off wall - wooden noggins and screw bolts into that . Still won’t be able to get a nut on one of them . 
ct1 back of sink to tiles ???

At least I can fit the waste correctly then ..

f ing rubbish 

3 minutes ago, pocster said:

Nope . Manufacture of basin supplies no wall fittings . 

That all looks like a right pig.

I can think of a few things I would do, but what about, extend the notch on the back plate so the rod can drop down and under the porcelain, so the sink sort of sits on it then use a big square washer with a rubber gasket behind it, nyloc nut, torque it up, you get clamping force and some under support, a blob of CT1 may do no harm as well.

7 minutes ago, Carrerahill said:

That all looks like a right pig.

I can think of a few things I would do, but what about, extend the notch on the back plate so the rod can drop down and under the porcelain, so the sink sort of sits on it then use a big square washer with a rubber gasket behind it, nyloc nut, torque it up, you get clamping force and some under support, a blob of CT1 may do no harm as well.

The slots on the back of the porcelain aren’t level ( photo to follow ) .

I could try your ‘ clamp ‘ idea . Could also cut that wall plate in half so my waste has got a chance to get to the bottle trap .

I don’t know who designs these things - clearly they do not try actually fixing them to a wall !

24 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Or fit a batten across the back (won’t be seen) and a small bracket or batten under the side 👍

Yes . Probably better than faffing around with this shite . VictoriaPlum if anyone wants to know 😞

47 minutes ago, pocster said:

Probably better than faffing around with this shite

I would still leave the wall fixings with the nut on the right h/s, if you cannot get the nut on the left one you need to pack the hole around the threaded stud to stop the basin lifting in that corner from the basin being leaned on at the front right corner 🤔.

Edited by joe90

8 minutes ago, joe90 said:

I would still leave the wall fixings with the nut on the right h/s, if you cannot get the nut on the left one you need to pack the hole around the threaded stud to stop the basin lifting in that corner from the basin being leaned on at the front right corner 🤔.

Yeah I agree . Will do that and a pair of brackets . Really annoys me ! . I expect myself to be wrong ( and fix it ) but when it’s produced like this it’s a joke 😡

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pocster said:

Yeah I agree . Will do that and a pair of brackets . Really annoys me ! . I expect myself to be wrong ( and fix it ) but when it’s produced like this it’s a joke 😡

Actually I’ll mount that right bolt . Thread the left ( but no nut ) . Take the tile board down on the left ( corner ) . Fit nogging . Then can have 1 L bracket coming out which will support that side and the front . Think I’ll embed it in the wall before tiling .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Faz said:

Can you get to a nut if it is on the other side? Bolt head may fit under the sink.  Maybe a M4 or 6 bolt may fit?

Not sure . I’ll go with brackets as I know it will work . They shouldn’t be visible .