Part G Water Efficiency Calculations

Jilly

1 hour ago, SteamyTea said:

Part G of the building regs.

Just do what they recommend, you can change things later.

I'm worried it's too late. We have sheep staying and they are guzzling like there is no tomorrow. Maybe I need to apply to be a smallholding?

8 minutes ago, Jilly said:

I'd love one but £££. A friend up the road has one which brings up nitrate contaminated water so might not work for me.

Not deep enough then.

Many boreholes around me are only a few meters deep. Full if those careless farmers' pollutants.

Farmers claim to be the stewards of the countryside. They are really criminal polluters who play in people's emotions because 'they feed people'.

• Like 1

I don't think You have to account for the water consumed by sheep in part G 🙂 

I think outside taps are assumed to contribute a fixed 5L per person per day.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jilly said:

I'm worried it's too late. We have sheep staying and they are guzzling like there is no tomorrow. Maybe I need to apply to be a smallholding?

You do not want to be using a house supply for  sheep trough ! You need to apply for a field supply as you only pay for the water element and not the assumed sewage processing charge which is based on water consumed.

1 hour ago, SteamyTea said:

Full if those careless farmers' pollutants.

Farmers claim to be the stewards of the countryside. They are really criminal polluters who play in people's emotions because 'they feed people'.

Bit of a gross generalisation given farming is quite tightly controlled. Bigger issues are raw sewage overflows from treatment works when it rains.. 

• Thanks 1

On 17/07/2022 at 22:22, Jilly said:

My Building Control Officer has asked for this. What's the best way to do it to ensure compliance? Have people used online companies to do this?

Hi Jilly.

Have they referenced the clause in the regs. They should have, but if not ask them to ref the clause on which their request for information is based on... as this will "help you" answer their query in a direct manner.

Next examine said response and the regs. Is there a reference to say "as far as reasonably practicable" on the point they are focusing on.

Post more info on what their actual response / query is. It could be a officer on a fishing expedition so you don't want complicate things by providing extra info that opens other doors you may not wish to open.

The as "far as reasonable practicable" is a grey area. If you have time on you side and can't lift the phone to BC (almost impossible these days) then ask them what they would consider to be "as far as reasonably practicable", if it could be sensitive then hold back a bit, but give them some info like you are engaging and let them make the next move.

• Thanks 1