Help please! Snagging

Jvh2012

So we’ve had our build completed and have now moved in, we have numerous issues with the plastering but I’m being told none of them are iasues all are normal and they’re for us to sort. Majority of the walls are thicker at the bottom than the top (we’ve found this out due to not being able to fit furniture in due to bottom being out, corners aren’t square, again found out trying to fit a desk in and it isn’t anywhere near straight. We have a ridiculous amount of plaster pops and have only been in a few months and we have cracks along joints and above door frames. We also have lumps and bumps and trowel marks in most walls. Same plasterers did the render. We have found that down the side of the bay window hasn’t been filled leaving around a 10mm gap and have asked them to come back. None of the reveals age crisp and straight and they windows haven’t been protected so there’s render on the windows. I’m absolutely gutted and don’t know what we’re suppose to do on this situation, and help/advise would be great fully received. We haven’t paid the final balance yet. Does anybody know if a quote is accepted inflation costs can be added afterwards? Thank you 

I can add photos if needed 

42 minutes ago, Jvh2012 said:

So we’ve had our build completed and have now moved in, we have numerous issues with the plastering but I’m being told none of them are iasues all are normal and they’re for us to sort. Majority of the walls are thicker at the bottom than the top (we’ve found this out due to not being able to fit furniture in due to bottom being out, corners aren’t square, again found out trying to fit a desk in and it isn’t anywhere near straight. We have a ridiculous amount of plaster pops and have only been in a few months and we have cracks along joints and above door frames. We also have lumps and bumps and trowel marks in most walls. Same plasterers did the render. We have found that down the side of the bay window hasn’t been filled leaving around a 10mm gap and have asked them to come back. None of the reveals age crisp and straight and they windows haven’t been protected so there’s render on the windows. I’m absolutely gutted and don’t know what we’re suppose to do on this situation, and help/advise would be great fully received. We haven’t paid the final balance yet. Does anybody know if a quote is accepted inflation costs can be added afterwards? Thank you 

I can add photos if needed 

2CA248B0-A84C-4208-9641-AEC859B1E221.jpeg

C8197796-D876-4318-916A-F0E6BA36DB80.jpeg

Is there a Defects Liability Period? (A Long Time Ago) I used to work for a Housing Ass'n. We had 6-mth periods for refurb and 12-months for new-build (with a retention). All the minor stuff such as nail-heads, beading cracks etc would be picked up at the Defects inspection and dealt with thereafter. Obviously anything serious or urgent would be dealt with as it was reported. At the end of the Defects period and after satisfactory resolution of any issues the retention would be released.

Edited by Redbeard
add: Retention

I’d be surprised if the plaster is out by that far - looks like walls/framing wasn’t square before it was boarded and skimmed. 

Edge beads look like they weren’t tacked on properly and again, if the corners were out of square then they will pop. 

Some of the issues are down to the spreads but tbh that looks like they didn’t start with the best of situations. 

The problem we have is the house has been decorated so I don’t know how they rectify now? And from what I’ve read they’ve done it wrong using a nail gun rather than screws for plaster board and plastering wrong so the plaster is much thicker at the bottom which shouldn’t be the case, we have around 15 plaster pops already plus the issues with the corner edges. The odd wall being out of square I will live with I guess 

9 hours ago, Jvh2012 said:

The problem we have is the house has been decorated so I don’t know how they rectify now? And from what I’ve read they’ve done it wrong using a nail gun rather than screws for plaster board and plastering wrong so the plaster is much thicker at the bottom which shouldn’t be the case, we have around 15 plaster pops already plus the issues with the corner edges. The odd wall being out of square I will live with I guess 

Plaster pops can happen with screws as well. Quite normal for that to be fixed at the end of the defects period and redecorated. should only need one coat of paint.

31 minutes ago, Jvh2012 said:

Absolutely no idea sorry just remember seeing them using a nail gun to attach them

A nail gun would blat a nail right through plasterboard.  Are you sure it was not a screw gun?

Plasterboard used to be nailed, by hand, with large headed galvanised nails.

How do you know the plaster is thicker at the bottom?