Anyone familiar with LPG Continental RF6030 regulator?

Jilly

Hi there. We ran out of gas and from what I can tell, the regulator needs a reset before the new bottle will work, but I can't find anywhere in the manual or on line how to do this. Does it need to be an engineer? Its possible I've got an empty bottle  by mistake or a dodgy new regulator, or user error... 

18 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Have you flicked the lever back to the primary side ( left IIRC )?

Have tried several things: swapped the bottles in case the pigtail was faulty, or the cylinder was supplied empty. 

I'm fairly certain which bottle is full. The Boiler (Worcester Greenstar 4000) giving code 227. I changed the gas before when we cemented the slabs and put back the part used bottle, and it was ok. I decided not to connect the full bottle to get an idea of how long a bottle lasts and that seems to have triggered the problem perhaps?

If you have the empty bottle on the ‘wrong’ side with the changeover set to the ‘then wrong’ side, you won’t get gas coming through. So long since I did an LPG install I cannot remember how these operate / what can go wrong.

Have you got a hob / fire you can check for gas coming out of? You may well have gas available and not know it. 

• Thanks 1