There is a hotel we use for meetings which have rooms with similar furniture. The room is used as a bedroom at night but once the person has checked out it is converted into a meeting room with desks in the daytime. Nothing is moved in or out of the room. It really is a very clever design. 

Yes, a very clever design, but as @Triassic points out the bed needs a douvet and pillows to be any use so it's not quite as simple as they'd like to make out, plus all the other bits and pieces you have in a bedroom, like wardrobes for example.

As a student I lived in a bedsit for a time that had one of those sofas that converts to a bed.  All I can say is that it was PITA, it took ages to sort out the bedding to allow the thing to fold away and wasn't very comfortable either as a bed or a sofa.

5 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

As a student I lived in a bedsit for a time that had one of those sofas that converts to a bed.  All I can say is that it was PITA, it took ages to sort out the bedding to allow the thing to fold away and wasn't very comfortable either as a bed or a sofa.

Exactly, just like holidaying in a camper van or small caravan where the seats become beds, with all the associated farting around.

6 minutes ago, Stones said:

Perhaps of some value for a room primarily used a study / infrequently used as a bedroom?

Probably the best application, I think.

I know that as a (sometimes randy...........) student the folding sofa/bed proved exceptionally frustrating in more than one way 9_9

Just now, SteamyTea said:

I find an inflatable airbed pretty good for sleeping on.

Fits in the back of the car too, turned my old Scenic into a camper for 50 quid.  That included a shower as well.

I hope that it had tinted windows ?