Changes to Airtightness testing

But 10 to 8 is woeful - it’s still the equivalent of a window being open !!! I’ll see if I can find it but I’m pretty sure the consultation said 5, although the big players had a pop at the gov and it looks like they watered down the regs accordingly. 

2 minutes ago, PeterW said:

But 10 to 8 is woeful - it’s still the equivalent of a window being open !!! I’ll see if I can find it but I’m pretty sure the consultation said 5, although the big players had a pop at the gov and it looks like they watered down the regs accordingly. 

oh I agree! but it was more that they have to test every house now rather than a select few.

but, the cynical me say, who's going to enforce it and check it?

A step in the right direction provided that;

a) it's enforced, and

b) tests are conducted independently.

Let's face it, if new homes have to be heated by heat pumps in the near future then they're going to need to do far better.

I doubt it will be enforced. Not that long ago i had Two air tests on Two new houses. When the guy turned up (same fella that the developer always uses) he asked me what i wanted the result to be. !!!!!! He then smiled, and said " I can make the result say whatever i want". Same with a Saps test. I used a guy recommended by the same developer for an extension at my daughters with lots of glass. When i rang him he said "No i don't want you to send me anything. Just tell me what result you want"

• Sad 2

Airtightness testing is a joke Most of tge sites are done as a desktop study 

There is only us that take it seriously 

Its quote while since I’ve seen one being carried out on site 

I would put air tests in with ten year warranty A totally waste of money 

Edited by nod