Please recommend an internal door and lining company

SimonD

I've been looking around online and also with local suppliers for some internal doors - 2040 x 826 -  and relevant door linings. I don't know whether it's down to current supply issues, but what I'm finding with this size is that for one specific glazed door, I'm down to choosing either XL Joinery or LDP Doors and with the linings, I'm being told I've got the option of 22mm thick linings because the 28mm linings available are for grooved for 726/838 doors (yes maybe I just need to groove them myself or make my own linings). Jeld-wen only supply this type of door 1981 high and as per discussion with my local rep, they're not accepting bespoke orders right now, or at least not from me!

So my main question is whether you can recommend a door supplier and/or manufacturer I can try that isn't necessarily the above two as I'm not 100% convinced of the quality? And also where I might get 28mm thick door linings for 826 doors as it's more expensive for me to buy in finished size timber and make my own linings than buy the sets?

Ta!

I wonder, how did you solve it?

I was looking at pre-hung doors recently (I will need 8x) and nobody in the UK seems to be manufacturing pre-hung doors any more, or at least not for small manufacturing runs like mine. 

I contacted Jeld-Wen and they said no. And XL joinery don't make the door design I want. Predor, with their Speedset Plus option, might do but I am fully expecting them to tell me they only do those for large orders.

5 hours ago, SimonD said:

So my main question is whether you can recommend a door supplier and/or manufacturer I can try that isn't necessarily the above two as I'm not 100% convinced of the quality?

I know you say you have solved the problem, but just saying I am happy with the quality of my XL joinery doors.  But i made my own linings (Oak)

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Dreadnaught said:

I wonder, how did you solve it?

Well, in my haste, I thought I had. Now, I've just realised what I found was clear glazed not obscure glazed. Now I'm back to the search for just this one door! I'm going to make my linings.

For the sake of narrative, I've just put in an order with Todd Doors, and also ordered at set of their door linings - laminated hardwood 28mm thick, so just want I needed. Delivery should be a week Wednesday. For reference, the lining width I first tried to order turned out to be in production...with a 5 month wait for delivery! Some things are still silly with supplies right now.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SimonD said:

For the sake of narrative, I've just put in an order with Todd Doors, and also ordered at set of their door linings - laminated hardwood 28mm thick, so just want I needed. Delivery should be a week Wednesday. For reference, the lining width I first tried to order turned out to be in production...with a 5 month wait for delivery! Some things are still silly with supplies right now.

With Duren during all the Covid stuff I think my wait was around 3 or 4 months ?