Paslode IM350 Fuel Cells

PeterW

As it says - anyone got a good source for the fuel cells ..? I've got plenty of nails but the gas went ages ago. 

Seen a few alternative types such as Tacwise and Firmahold but just wondered if anyone has a recommendation ..? Or a source of cheap cells ..!

wouldn't like to recommend any if I'm honest, we've been using universal recently as thats what comes with the nails we buy, in fairness we haven't had any issues with them gumming up yet BUT you hear so many bad stories about it i don't want to be they guy who makes your gun need a service.

then again the bad stories are probably circulated by the paslode PR team so you will probably be fine with whatever cheap gas you can get hold of

I service my own gun so that's not a problem - always use genuine parts and it's 10 years old and still going strong. Just noticed Paslode gas is now £16+ a cell and I'm sure there are ones just as good. 

Barney's suggestion probably isn't a bad one then, it is also probably better to go with a decent company like tool station so you can return them if they start to cause an issue, there are probably cheaper ones on ebay but i wouldn't be surprised if they are close to out of date and then the returning would be more of a hassle.

Whereabouts in the country are you Peter? If you're in my neck of the woods I probably have a couple of Paslode IM350 gas cartridges spare, but they're not the kind of thing you can pop in the post!

1 hour ago, PeterW said:

I service my own gun so that's not a problem - always use genuine parts and it's 10 years old and still going strong. Just noticed Paslode gas is now £16+ a cell and I'm sure there are ones just as good. 

Ditto! They really are incredibly simple to service. Genuine service parts kits can be found on eBay for not a lot. 

Brake cleaner is all that's needed and a lint free rag. Just don't use WD40 or the like as they'll leave a residue. 

7 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Just stay away from Rawl. Not good in my Hitachi. 

Yeh my guns never been right since I used this gas 2/3weeks ago. I've serviced it twice but never had a lint free cloth to hand so hoping when I do it next time with the cloth it's 100%. 

Is there anything else you can do apart from clean and oil? I can't see what else goes wrong

8 hours ago, Construction Channel said:

Barney's suggestion probably isn't a bad one then, it is also probably better to go with a decent company like tool station so you can return them if they start to cause an issue, there are probably cheaper ones on ebay but i wouldn't be surprised if they are close to out of date and then the returning would be more of a hassle.

I bought some Tacwise stuff from tool station and saw the date on it was August 2016...told the worker and she apologised and said she didn't know it had a shelf life. Took it anyway as I needed it that day. 

It worked okay but with a lot of shots the hammer didn't return fully and had to manually push it back in...real pain in the...

So, next visit I took them back to another store. The bloke there said the date wasn't a use by date but date of manufacture and they are good for a year...

My one needs a service now?