Vent Axia internal humidity

Only turned this on in the last few days!. Decided to have a shower - expecting it to rid the room of humidity ; which it seems to have done.

The unit has now been sat for maybe 15 minutes with status of "Internal humidity " being quite noisy .

Is this normal??

Edited by pocster

1 minute ago, Mr Punter said:

Check it tomorrow morning.

Maybe release a few captives.  And have cold showers.

Still noisy now and still 82%. Even turned if off/on ( technical approach ) still the same.

Unless it quietens down will have to turn it off as won't be able to sleep later.

1 minute ago, Mr Punter said:

Try to leave it on for as long as possible.  You may need to reduce your boost setting and adjust the terminal to increase the flow from that room.

Ok. Now 81%

Surely I want to increase the boost setting?? To reduce the humidity very quickly ( even if very noisy )?

By adjust the terminal - you mean the air intake in the bathroom?. I don't think there is any adjustment on it .... If there is do I want to open it more or reduce it???

Did think maybe my humidity/condensation drain might be the issue i.e. not enough fall ; but I think looks ok....

IMG_4894.jpg

4 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Sort that plug top out, f***ing bodger! ?

Surely you've wet towels in there? The humidistat on my simple extract fan stays on basically until they're dry!

Yeah I was in a rush to wire it and didn’t give a fudge . Sparky liked it also ??

Just now, ProDave said:

We just use a manual timed boost, anything from half an hour to 2 hours, depending how late you shower (don't want it on boost speed at bed time)

I assumed ( maybe incorrectly) this unit auto boosts ( though it still says ‘low ‘ ) on high humidity . Just surprised how noisy and slow it is - bathrooms been clear for ages !! . 80% now . Just want to check this is normal operation ….

1 hour ago, pocster said:

On what joint ? 

It was a thinly veiled jibe ref your prowess with the stuff! ?

Seriously though, isn't the humidistat just doing its job? 

I reckon if I got the UFH going it'd help dry the wet room floor out and the fan wouldn't have to work so hard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Onoff said:

It was a thinly veiled jibe ref your prowess with the stuff! ?

Seriously though, isn't the humidistat just doing its job? 

I reckon if I got the UFH going it'd help dry the wet room floor out and the fan wouldn't have to work so hard.

I know , I know - I was just stroking your member .

Just surprised how long and noisy it’s been on - 78% even now . Will fiddle bathroom ufh up - you going to do the same ?