Gloves when handling lead flashing?

5 hours ago, Roundtuit said:

You're not likely to absorb any through skin contact, but the edges can be sharp, and it turns your hands black.

Now you tell me. After @ToughButterCup's warning I spent the afternoon walking around as though I had Plutonium fallout on my hands. The number of things touched is surprising, ladder, Stanley knife, ruler, tin snips, pen, multitool, static door handle searching fir multitool battery, laptop keyboard, kettle, teabag box...

Tomorrow I will shift my lead cutting table to the drive because I don't like the idea of lead detritus settling in the soil of the future orchard.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ToughButterCup said:

Naaaah, lick your hands after to clean them eh? ?

Have you ever ever ever seen a lead worker working without gloves? Cos if you did, his missus has a fekkin excellent life insurance policy on him

I have never met one. On YouTube 50% of those publishing advice on lead flashing did not wear gloves.

OK, hands up: it was a bit of an irritated piddle-take.  Someone as intelligent as you asking that question, I thought? Really?

Where safety is concerned a flying instructor told me an excellent maxim;

If at any part of the flight,   you wonder -however idly- whether something is safe; the answer is  - its dangerous. Step back - reassess. 

Same here, I think.

As to the YooChube videos, they merely indicate the number of people who either don't know, couldn't care less or both.