OSB weatherproofing paint?

iSelfBuild

Does anyone know what this is called? Seen a few lads use something which was like a grey/blue and had grit in as well to make it none slip.

Have 100m2 that I want to keep in OK condition that will be out under the elements for about a month on two log cabin builds. Going to reuse it to build some sheds and garages from it afterwards if it's not too trashed.

12 hours ago, iSelfBuild said:

Does anyone know what this is called? Seen a few lads use something which was like a grey/blue and had grit in as well to make it none slip.

Have 100m2 that I want to keep in OK condition that will be out under the elements for about a month on two log cabin builds. Going to reuse it to build some sheds and garages from it afterwards if it's not too trashed.

Give Promain a call. They have lots of anti slip paints and will be able to tell you which is best suited to osb. Here's their pages for wood floor anti-slip paints; https://www.promain.co.uk/anti-slip-paints-and-coatings/anti-slip-coatings-for-wooden-flooring.html

Edited by SimonD

Sandtex works, and will look as you describe.

Many paints will lift the leaves of wood apart, and it not only looks horrible but will make it even less waterproof.

I know this from having to fireproof a big area of osb, and the intumescent paint stuck but caused the flaking. 

After experimentation, and in agreement with the BCO we used sandtex instead because it 1. didn't raise the grain, 2. doesn't burn.

That was for internal use. For external, make sure that the product you choose is totally waterproof, not just resistant.

I recall that brushing worked better than rolling, because it was more slopped on than 'worked in'.