Ice energy.

28 minutes ago, Trw144 said:

Interesting how a heat pump supplier can go bump in the current climate. Had a quick squint at their accounts and their turnover was decent. 

"Turnover is vanity, Profit is sanity and cash is King!" 

Its an an old one but never goes out of date! 

21 minutes ago, Barney12 said:

"Turnover is vanity, Profit is sanity and cash is King!" 

Its an an old one but never goes out of date! 

Too true! One of my old bosses always drummed into me "Let's not be busy fools" and it's certainly stuck with me.

I didn't find them competitive pricewise, plus when they sent me a quote they completely ignored everything I told them I did and didn't want (eg, they tried to sell me a 15kW ASHP when I said I had a low energy house, and a 4kW array even though I told them I wanted up to 10kW if possible).  They also didn't follow up on the quote.

I guess when you have a big company with high overheads, even a small dip in income can kill you.

21 minutes ago, jack said:

I didn't find them competitive pricewise, plus when they sent me a quote they completely ignored everything I told them I did and didn't want (eg, they tried to sell me a 15kW ASHP when I said I had a low energy house, and a 4kW array even though I told them I wanted up to 10kW if possible).  They also didn't follow up on the quote.

I guess when you have a big company with high overheads, even a small dip in income can kill you.

Thats my experience of EVERY energy company I've spoken to :(

• Like 1

@jack That was my experience of them as well. I met them at the Swindon Build Centre event, the people there seemed very knowledgeable so I sent off exactly what I wanted, and got something completely different back, I went back to them 3 times with exactly what I wanted and they just didn't respond.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mikey_1980 said:

@jack That was my experience of them as well. I met them at the Swindon Build Centre event, the people there seemed very knowledgeable so I sent off exactly what I wanted, and got something completely different back, I went back to them 3 times with exactly what I wanted and they just didn't respond.

Actually, that sounds familiar.  I think I responded to point out that what they'd quoted on wasn't what we were after, and could they update, and then I never heard back.

I suspect they're just a commodity-like supplier, and aren't interested in unusual circumstances.