New Bath Damage

My plumber has just went to fit our new bath and he has noticed a big chip in it beside the plughole (see pic).  Unfortunately I bought the bathroom suite about 5 months ago and the supplier is refusing to exchange it.  It has been sitting in the corner of our new extension all this time and I am sure I would have noticed it when it got delivered but couldn't gaurantee that someone has dropped something on it. Do I either stump up the cash and buy another or look at something like this to attempt a repair?  I am concerned the repair won't last even though the reviews on the product seem really good.

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/cramer-scratch-and-chip-repair-1845-14381

17467759_10208667810634576_910381569_n.jpg

Edited by stepheni

Get MagicMan to fix it. My son dropped a screwdriver in a stone resin bath and for good measure the plumber chipped the edge on install. Local guy came out and did an invisible repair. I also got him out to repair a resin stone sink that got cracked when we had to remove it from the wall to repair a leak.

http://www.magicman.co.uk

There is nothing wrong with the Cramer kits but like any DIY product are only as good as the person applying the product. 

The viabilty of any repair by a cosmetic repair company (and there are plenty to choose from not just the one mentioned by bitpipe) should be weighed up against the original/replacement purchase cost of the item when not fitted. If it had been fitted already then you would have to add in the cost, hassle and disruption of removing and refitting but the OP still has the luxury of making a choice over repair or replace before fitting. 

Round here there is a 'bathdoctor' and I'd challenge anyone to find the repair he has made.

I've worked in a lot of properties where he has made repairs, he is very good,

As @Barney12 said, diy kits are only as good as the skill of the person applying them. 

Going to come across as a bodger's idea but could you maybe get an oversized waste to COVER the damage? Or have a machine shop laser out a large washer in 316 stainless steel.....

Edit: Belfast sink wastes look pretty big, diameter wise...

Edited by Onoff

my wife was adamant we weren't putting in a damaged/repaired bath so after much moaning at the supplier they have agreed to give me a new one at a cut down price.  Perhaps I could sell the old slightly damaged one online for someone willing to diy repair

thanks for the suggestions