Pretty, but is it efficient?

I assume it's a tracking system, hence the unusual shape?

Not that the website wants to tell me any useful information like that. It just wants to show me a silly video of how you can plug in a light in the daytime to use your solar power. I gave up after about 2 minutes realising that website would not tell me anything useful.

Website designers who think it's effective to have a high bandwidth video start in virtually full screen mode need to be banished to the countryside and be forced to endure rural "broadband" speed.  Perhaps then they'd realise that a fair part of their target market just clicks away from the website when it fails to load after 30 seconds................

• Like 1

I managed to get to the bottom and got this (and not convinced on their units before you pull me up Steamy)

They say their 2.31kWP system is comparable to a 4kWP system due to "smart tracking, smart cooling and smart cleaning"

But the best bit is the picture - what is the going rate for an installed 4kW roof mounted system?

image.png

Oh, and that doesn't include "local transport, foundation and installation".  Presumably add another couple of thousand quid, at least, for all that.

So it's as good as something that costs less than a third the price?  And has a lot more to go wrong with it in the future?  Where do I sign up?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Calvinmiddle said:

They say their 2.31kWP system is comparable to a 4kWP system due to "smart tracking, smart cooling and smart cleaning"

That bit's almost certainly right, a tracking system, (assuming an unobstructed horizon) harvests significantly more energy than a fixed system, and roof mounted systems lose output owing to heat which a freestanding system will suffer from less.

The best bit about the price is that delivery, foundations and installation are all extra, so you'ld probably be looking at the best part of £20,000. A product looking for wealthy green idiots.