A Big Thanks To @PeterStarck

Just a post to say a big thanks to @PeterStarck for his assistance and hospitality today.

Peter pm'd me ref my ongoing bathroom saga offering a couple of pan connector spares he had that might help me out. I picked them up today combining a visit to a nearby wildlife park with my youngest. Peter and his wife were kind enough to show my wife, daughter and I around his fantastic build. I knew what it was but had never been inside a Passivhaus. I know I'm probably preaching to the converted but it just felt warm, secure and draught free.....something I'm not used to!  Impressive views too through the triple glazing (it's in a lovely location). Add to that the fantastic build quality and that Peter's done the bulk of the work himself and it's even more impressive. Just hoping my missus will take something from it and come round to an appreciation of why I'm always on about insulation, heat loss and trying to do things "right". 

Once again a very big thanks.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Onoff said:

Just a post to say a big thanks to @PeterStarck for his assistance and hospitality today.

Peter pm'd me ref my ongoing bathroom saga offering a couple of pan connector spares he had that might help me out. I picked them up today combining a visit to a nearby wildlife park with my youngest. Peter and his wife were kind enough to show my wife, daughter and I around his fantastic build. I knew what it was but had never been inside a Passivhaus. I know I'm probably preaching to the converted but it just felt warm, secure and draught free.....something I'm not used to!  Impressive views too through the triple glazing (it's in a lovely location). Add to that the fantastic build quality and that Peter's done the bulk of the work himself and it's even more impressive. Just hoping my missus will take something from it and come round to an appreciation of why I'm always on about insulation, heat loss and trying to do things "right". 

Once again a very big thanks.

Ono.

Cue dismantled bathroom and more airproofing...

3 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Ono.

Cue dismantled bathroom and more airproofing...

Happy enough with my VCL efforts that it's NOT coming out! :)

As the house won't be coming down I might have at least convinced her on EWI. 

Just now, Onoff said:

Happy enough with my VCL efforts that it's NOT coming out! :)

As the house won't be coming down I might have at least convinced her on EWI. 

Until the 14k quote arrives and you realise that the payback might benefit your children if they stay until 2050.

2 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Until the 14k quote arrives and you realise that the payback might benefit your children if they stay until 2050.

Yes but don't forget I'll be doing it myself over the next 33 years! :)

• Like 1