Poor Service

Back in January I set out a number of requests for quotes, having had a chat to the suppliers I was encouraged for a favorable response.

Five weeks later and I get a thorough quote probably the best one for completeness and not bad for price.

I called to say would they be quoting for all the work I had itemised as they had omitted the main  part of the build which was clearly attached i the design brief..

Oh Ok I will have your designed call you back straight away..

Three weeks on and I get an odd email saying any further work they arent taking on work, so for this project they cant help....so about 8k they dont wont.

I just find it odd that after 3 months and missing half my design brief they now say 

Sod COVID this just screams of cant be arsed.

"

Good Afternoon Ian,

I hope you are well.

I have been informed by our estimating and design team that unfortunately, due to temporal pressures and the large quantity of quotation requests we are receiving at this current time.

If you require a quotation for any future projects, please do consider us, and we will do our best to provide you with a quotation at that time.

My sincerest apologies once again;

Kind Regards,

Jack

Building and related work has been  very busy over the last few years Made worse by the COVID and the government paying companies and individuals not to work 

The extension to The Furlough will only make matters worse 

Keeping materials and labour in short supply 

This is Something we will all have to put up with

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nod said:

Building and related work has been  very busy over the last few years Made worse by the COVID and the government paying companies and individuals not to work 

The extension to The Furlough will only make matters worse 

Keeping materials and labour in short supply 

This is Something we will all have to put up with

thing is they had started doing a quote.

7 hours ago, ianfish said:

At least they are out at the quote stage. Far better than taking your money and messing you around. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ianfish said:

Yep

Ive quoted for large jobs which I will struggle to do 

I’m not taking anymore work in till after September now 

• Like 1

A friend of mine builds and renovates pools. Since Covid started, he's gotten so busy that he's had to stop the renovations and focus on new pools. He's also stopped quoting because his pipeline is full to the end of next year, even with new employees on the books.

I told him he needs to up his prices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jack said:

A friend of mine builds and renovates. pools. Since Covid started, he's gotten so busy that he's had to stop the renovations and focus on new pools. He's also stopped quoting because his pipeline is full to the end of next year, even with new employees on the books.

I told him he needs to up his prices.

Makes you wonder how much money people were blowing on eating, drinking and holidaying ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, daiking said:

Makes you wonder how much money people were blowing on eating, drinking and holidaying ?

Exactly that. He said a lot of them were talking about treating themselves after not having a holiday last year and likely this.

He mostly works for people with Very Big Houses. The sort for whom a £50-60k outdoor pool they can only use a few months of the year makes financial sense.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, jack said:

Exactly that. He said a lot of them were talking about treating themselves after not having a holiday last year and likely this.

I think that there are definite financial winners and losers in this pandemic. Those who got to work from home and had no change in their income and no commuting costs etc. Those like me who lost a chunk of their normal earnings but as my costs were lower I haven’t noticed too much difference, and those whose businesses have been closed or have been made redundant and are struggling.

I‘ve heard of lots of people making changes to their home as they will likely be spending more time at home going forwards. I won’t be going to the office anywhere near the amount of time that I did before (2 or 3 days a week). I can see me going maybe once a week or once a fortnight. A large number of people I work with have got new dogs during the pandemic. Spending a lot more time working from home now and in the future has made that possible for many more people. Prices for puppies have sky rocketed as a result. 

36 minutes ago, newhome said:

Prices for puppies have sky rocketed as a result. 

Yeah, it's crazy down here. A couple of families we know have looked into buying and it's £1500 minimum, for nothing special. Over £2000 if want any sort of basic pedigree. I couldn't believe it.

8 minutes ago, jack said:

Yeah, it's crazy down here. A couple of families we know have looked into buying and it's £1500 minimum, for nothing special. Over £2000 if want any sort of basic pedigree. I couldn't believe it.

Sadly so many are gonna end up in rescue homes when people go back to their normal lives and realise dogs are such a commitment and can cost a fortune..................... 

Your friends should definitely look into a rescue dog, I've had 2 and they have been amazing, loving German Shepherds :)

• Like 1

https://www.steelbeamsuppliers.co.uk/contact-us/

Todays numpty award (so far) and not sure why some people bother goes to the above. 

Their Postcode is 15 miles radius from us, the website clearly gives which areas they cover...

Call for further details..

"Can I stop you there we don't deliver to your area" I hadn't said my area!  

Really cant be doing with numpties

Edited by ianfish