Room Sensor? /White wall box identification?

MAB

A friends daughter has just bought a newish flat and has sent a photo asking what these are?

Apparently there is one of these in each room near to the ceiling in the middle of the wall?

Thanks in advance....

thing.thumb.jpg.c645e1894e44b1ba1abb810c79059702.jpg

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

Looks like the type of junction boxes associated with a burglar alarm. Maybe where PIR's have been removed because previous occupants had pets etc. Is there an alarm there now?

or a previous owner took them with them when they moved.

• Like 1

Thanks for your thoughts, I will pass on and report back. I think due to covid restrictions no 'more technically' minded family member has been able to visit to investigate further and removing a screw to investigate (which is what I would do) is not something non-technical safety minded people do if they think something is electrical.

Looked like a skirting board to me too but I will check if it is on the ceiling!

Edited by MAB
  • Like 1

And if it is a functional alarm, and properly installed, removing the screw will open the tamper contact and will result in alarm going off even if the alarm isn’t set.

you may need engineer code to carry out a reset, user code nit having the appropriate permission to do so.

• Thanks 1