Brick or render below DPC

Moonshine

I am trying to out the best way to go with this. The house is going to be rendered painted white, with grey windows.

I am not sure what to do below DPC, either rendered as per @Russell griffiths detail

EC3DDE2D-3476-4BE3-967B-43AEC5F07DE5.jpeg.76c01c2a0ecd833184d0e6bdb37cb451.jpeg

or have a few courses of black brick and mortar (below left)

render-external-design-features.jpg

The issue that i have is to all the thresholds on ground floor are level, and not sure what happens where the DPC is for level thresholds.

Can anyone shed any light?

You can render below DPC but you need to check with the manufacturer as not many are approved for that.  My choice would be the black brick and mortar as maintenance free. 

3 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

If the house is on level ground, the dpc would be the same all round but the ground will be higher at the level thresholds.

I quite like the blue bricks below dpc.

+1

The DPC should be 150mm above ground and the ground raised to provide level access. This does not mean you have to have an identifiable narrow ramp. You can have a larger area of raised ground but you should take precautions to prevent rainwater splashing up above the DPC. Typically a linear drain across doorways and perhaps a 200mm wide channel full of decorative gravel elsewhere.    

43 minutes ago, Temp said:

The DPC should be 150mm above ground and the ground raised to provide level access. This does not mean you have to have an identifiable narrow ramp. You can have a larger area of raised ground but you should take precautions to prevent rainwater splashing up above the DPC. Typically a linear drain across doorways and perhaps a 200mm wide channel full of decorative gravel elsewhere.    

So this is the type of detailing i have seen from the LABC,  with a step down from FFL to the surrounding ground.

8handyhintsdpc.png?width=752&height=310&mode=max

what i want to see is what happens when you have the ground level the same as the FFL.

Is it just a question of raising the bricks and DPC up so that there is the minimum 150mm gap to the DPC / bottom of render.

15 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

what i want to see is what happens when you have the ground level the same as the FFL.

You can't do that.  It is OK where there is a door or a window but with the second detail you have shown it may well need tanking.

I created a thread asking about this the other day.

My entire ground floor is at ground level. The DPC rises above the ground in a similar way to that shown above.

It must be possible, think of all the Grand Designs type houses where they have seamless movement onto terraces level with the inside floors.

Edited by AliG

7 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

i think that i have found the type of detail i was looking for, below. In this case it looks like its proposed a double DPC (14 and 17), not sure the reason why but i am sure there is a good one!

I've been looking for answers regarding the  same solution here

Drawing you showed is conveniently missing wall tie at ground level DPC (14) which itself is against the rules, but even if placed there, it may invalidte BA certification of wall ties, DPM or both.