Pipe shrouds

Pocster

On 31/10/2020 at 12:29, PeterW said:

Standard Hep2O 3/4 pipe connector is 29mm diameter across the points of the nut. 

https://www.wavin.com/en-ie/catalogue/Heating-Cooling/Plumbing-systems/Plumbing-Hep2O-Push-Fit/Hep2O-PB-Straight-Tap-Conn-WT-15x34

@pocster what is the internal diameter of those shrouds ..? Measure across the outer of the fixing the grub screw goes into. 

Didn’t have any on site . But based on the wavin measurements should fit ! So ordered . Shroud o/e is 35mm . ?

3 minutes ago, pocster said:

Shows the issue better .

I suppose in theory I could angle grind the bsp nut - but what a pita !

F17B4A3D-38D1-401E-A145-E86D2A5141AB.jpeg

image.jpg

Do you know anyone with a lathe who could take the corners off your nuts neatly?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

I would spin the corners off on my lathe.  But a file will do, it's not as though you will see the finished thing.

Of course if you had the proper supplied tap connector it would fit.

There never was a supplied connector - you simply got f all with it ?

22 minutes ago, pocster said:

AH! Bum !!

So near !

The problem is the bsp fitting on the Hep2o won’t fit in the shroud . The shroud this end has an internal lip probably only 1mm but enough to stop it going in ?

0C39B125-6F98-4138-8611-23535B8CB107.jpeg

E86E2339-AE38-44D7-BB30-78A841AE0C3C.jpeg

1F66DD2C-BC60-499D-8F91-02997FF17F3D.jpeg

Hold on, you have the nut on the tap there.  you don't need that.  Take the nut off and the washer and screw the adaptor bit straight onto the tap then it will go all the way on.

5 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Nah, tighten it up then file/grind the corners off, it’s not that much too big.

That’s what I reckon . Everyone else has a mate with a lathe . I have no friends ? and therefore no access to a lathe ?

• Sad 1

Just now, ProDave said:

Hold on, you have the nut on the tap there.  you don't need that.  Take the nut off and the washer and screw the adaptor bit straight onto the tap then it will go all the way on.

Yeah I know the nut needs to come off . It just stays there for now so it doesn’t get lost - even though I shouldn’t need it 

1 minute ago, pocster said:

Yeah I know the nut needs to come off . It just stays there for now so it doesn’t get lost - even though I shouldn’t need it 

So take the nut and washer off, screw the adaptor on, screw the tap connector on and try and assemble it.

I am sure you said the nut on the tap connector goes down the main tube?

28 minutes ago, ProDave said:

So take the nut and washer off, screw the adaptor on, screw the tap connector on and try and assemble it.

I am sure you said the nut on the tap connector goes down the main tube?

Yes - the problem is the nut on the Hep2o fitting - that’s needs filing 

4 minutes ago, pocster said:

?

If...you could get a bit of 15mm pipe into that fitting you could hold in the 16mm chuck of a pillar drill like a poor man's vertical lathe and file it like that. A bit hairy but done that more than once. Wash your hands well btw, brass splinters are horrible.

19 minutes ago, Onoff said:

If...you could get a bit of 15mm pipe into that fitting you could hold in the 16mm chuck of a pillar drill like a poor man's vertical lathe and file it like that. A bit hairy but done that more than once. Wash your hands well btw, brass splinters are horrible.

That sounds like an imminent accident- I’ll try and file it with dremel ...