Ufh how many bar is too many.

Afternoon. 

Ufh pipes all in system bled, sitting under pressure while I wait for the screed to go down next week, why does my pressure gauge indicator show pressure increases. 

Is it something to do with atmospheric pressure and stuff. 

How high is dodgy, I was getting concerned so cracked a tap open to release some pressure. 

What ya reckon. 

So you have filled it with water and pressurised it, just the manifold and pipes.

When it warms up there is nowhere to expand because I bet you don't presently have an expansion vessel connected?

17 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

I filled it and tested it all at 4 barr 

today it was showing 10 so I cracked a valve open to drop a bit off. 

Well you know it's not leaking now. I would leave the top valve cracked open a bit now.

I had mine set to 4bar for a few days checking for leaks, I dropped it to about 1.5 bar the night before screening, there was only about 30ml of water that made the difference.

As those above say, a few degrees temp change can cause a modest change in volume and it has nowhere to go without the expansion vessel.

The annoying thing is when you mark the gauge with a big of tape to check for leaks, then over 24hrs are seeing such big changes you can't really decide if it's good or not. In the end I decided that if there was any pressure left in after a few days then the pipes were good and a minor leak at the manifold would either seal itself or could be felt with later.

our pressure went up & down a lot with what I thought was small changes in temp.  Suspect that's what going is going on with yours.  You bleed off some water & then when the weather cools it drops even further!

3 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

I filled it and tested it all at 4 barr 

today it was showing 10 so I cracked a valve open to drop a bit off. 

It's probably hotter today.