Bath tap advice.

Dave g

Trying my best to do as much myself as possible so excuse the silly mistakes I’ll be making along the way. Just fitted a new bath and am mid bathroom renovation. The bath Taps the wife chose upon fitting had 1/2 bsp tails, all I could get was 15mm to 1/2bsp tap pipe adapters not 22 to 1/2 bsp, so changed my pipe work accordingly (see pic)  possibly not to my advantage. Anyway now, and probably obviously got lower pressure at the bath taps. Apart from buying new taps, re drilling the bath tap holes and replacing the pipes to 22 and 22 to 3/4 bsp fittings are there any other solutions or advice? Added some pictures but please don’t be to harsh, I thought I did well lol.. I can live with the slower taps but maybe do it now in case it annoys me.. 

D9339790-DB1B-469F-A1C5-4BB6A827A299.jpeg

A1CDB405-1D58-4AA9-914B-A231C68E834F.jpeg

C9FE8354-3394-4850-9AE7-95026BEFAA55.jpeg

9905F8A3-19FE-46C2-A714-E0D5908C3E0F.jpeg

It’s not the pipework, it is those lever valves you’ve installed - they have very restrictive flow rates. 

15mm into a bath tap for that short distance is fine but you want full bore flexi hoses for the connection. 

21 minutes ago, PeterW said:

It’s not the pipework, it is those lever valves you’ve installed - they have very restrictive flow rates. 

15mm into a bath tap for that short distance is fine but you want full bore flexi hoses for the connection. 

I thought I was playing safe! Many thanks will change these tomorrow. 

If you can't find what you need, then you can get a pack of 2 15mm fullbore isolation valves from SF, then you a plain 1/2 -1/2 tail or 1/2-3/4 whatever you have on your taps.

Edited by Carrerahill
  • Thanks 1

the internal bore of the flexy is much less tho, and some are better than others. Those looks like JG ones, so the hose is only 13mm inside.

Whilst eg BES item 13753 is compression, it's also 19mm bore, much better flow

On 15/07/2020 at 19:56, Dave g said:

Trying my best to do as much myself as possible so excuse the silly mistakes I’ll be making along the way.

Best way to learn! (Seriously; I find you learn far more from your mistakes than your successes, particularly if the latter are accidental ones!)

C9FE8354-3394-4850-9AE7-95026BEFAA55.jpeg

One suggestion I would make is to shorten the overflow pipe... Not only does it keep it out of your way whilst working but a dip might catch some dirty water going down the plughole and end up causing smells.

Edited by MJNewton
  • Thanks 1