Temporary roof ideas

I'm after some ideas on how to keep the house dry whilst the roof is off and being built up.

I'm aware that I can have one done with scaffolding but it will cost.

I doubt tarps will be effective as we're on the Cumbrian coast so wind driven rain is a certainty so are there any alternatives?

Or will it be more cost effective to do what we can and just accept the inevitable water damage and repair if needed?

Edited by Linto

It depends how you are paying to do this job and how long it will take. 

If you are paying trades by the day, or are paying for rented accommodation then time is of the essence. 

You need the job done quickly, so get a full tin hat roof on and then you won’t loose any time on site. 

If you have all year to finish this job then you can dodge in and out of the glorious weather up there. 

My mate had a full roof on a conversation he did and said it was the best money he had spent, didn’t loose a days work. 

• Like 1

On 06/07/2020 at 21:44, Linto said:

I'm aware that I can have one done with scaffolding but it will cost.

everything does --its just a balancing act cost of scaffolding tent verus damge to house and if you are replacing  trusses will you not need full scaffolding up anyway to keep h@s happy for your workers

Do I recall on here a little while ago someone saying they used clear, scaffolding "tarps"? Super strong and obviously let light through.

I might even consider sorting my roof if they're available big enough. Was thinking to put some eye bolts on the dormer faces to tie the tarp to.