Dewalt DC618KB cordless nailer

Vijay

I have the De Walt DC692 and am very pleased with it, although it is slightly heavier than the Paslode type gas nailers. You need to think about what the gun will be used for. The one that you have linked to is a 'second-fix' nailer and only takes nails up to 63mm, so ideal for architrave, skirting etc. If you intend to do any serious framing, using 100mmx50mm for example, then you need the larger gun which will take upto 90mm nails. I would also look at the batteries supplied, my DC692 came with 2 Li-ion batteries, this appears to have NIMh batteries which are not as reliable, (and probably harder to replace in the future).

The MBC boys have them and were second fixing skirts and architraves with them as fast as they could squeeze the trigger. 

The reason, as said, that these are cheap is because they're ( assume ) end of production models with ancient nimh batteries. You can get cheap copies into the future I'm sure, so I'd not let that put me off tbh. 

However, if your considering other tools then you REALLY should get new battery types and then naked tools. 1 charger, a couple or 3 batteries, and then just switch the same batteries between tools. 

If your in at the deep end, Price for gun only, then buy a cordless twin pack with combi-drill + impact + batteries + charger, but if you just want to do the lighter stuff and already have a tool kit then I'd grab it for sure, they're very handy tools. 

I splashed out; worth its weight in gold for my damaged hands. I'm never going to use it for more than a couple of days at a time.

Annoyed about  the Bosch second - fix nailer, it  is (was) so bad that they withdrew it. So, buying DeWalt, now I need yet another charging system.

Edited by Nickfromwales
Typo, he's all fingers and thumbs