Now it's the digger's turn to annoy me - with a water leak.

dnb

I just want to build a house. But this appears to be too much for just about everything around me.

Today's distraction is my (usually reliable) IHI 2.5 tonne digger. The water pump has begun to leak from the shaft seal. It's not too bad now but it's certainly not going to fix itself, and K seal doesn't sound like the best plan.

Does anyone know anywhere open that can either supply a replacement pump (that preferably doesn't have to be imported from China or USA) or a rebuild kit or could recondition my existing pump? The engine is an Isuzu 3KC2PA. Google only gives a few useful hits, half of which don't look like my pump or are from overseas with massive postage cost and longer lead times than my house...

Thanks for any pointers.

Do you ever think you must have been a really horrible bloke in a former life. 

I seem to have had about 3 months of everything I own either not starting, leaking or generally just falling to pieces

some days I just want to smash it all up and buy a little flat in Spain and sit in a bar waiting to die. 

Sorry cannot help with pump, but I feel your pain. 

• Like 2

As an interim measure you could try that "old banger of a car" trick of running with the radiator cap loose so it does not pressurise.  At least it would slow the rate of coolant loss for now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russell griffiths said:

Do you ever think you must have been a really horrible bloke in a former life.

Often! Probably that bloke from QI who put lead in petrol and invented CFCs...

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

"old banger of a car" trick

Good call. I can get away without needing the digger much for the next couple of weeks too.

Thanks for the links for parts too. Will give them a go.

1 hour ago, AnonymousBosch said:

I'm going to start a Self Build Samaritans group. Who wants to join?

Sign me up.