The Bridge

Just now, SteamyTea said:

Other way around, I take their money. Rob them blind with patter about Mermaid, krakens and expensive parking.

Fair enough. All those things you list are true; I know that!

My 200 quid laptop has a build in UPS, just like every other laptop.

It also comes with a well understood, reliable and supported OS, cheap of free applications, ports to add things to etc etc.

Still it i good to have a hobby.

• 2 weeks later...

Ummm and ahhhh 

HA software is raspberry pi or PC based .

The front end designer though is windows based .

I tried I really tried to ‘accept’ windows in VM on my i7 Mac . I can’t do it - moving the mouse is making me weep .

So ! For not much cash went for a INTEL I7 10TH GEN  NUC 

Plenty of power for HA ; also designer software will run . Now at least I can move the mouse pointer in a Windows environment without swearing ( as much ) . Order placed .

On 03/06/2020 at 09:47, SteamyTea said:

My 200 quid laptop has a build in UPS, just like every other laptop.

It also comes with a well understood, reliable and supported OS, cheap of free applications, ports to add things to etc etc.

Still it i good to have a hobby.

Not windows then .

I guess an ex software engineer will see the fun and beauty in these things . Someone from Cornwall will naturally just chew fudge and moan ???

10 minutes ago, pocster said:

Someone from Cornwall will naturally just chew fudge and moan ???

or Devon, can’t stand this modern techno stuff, give me a 60year old tractor to mend any day. ?????

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, pocster said:

How you lot ever progressed out the cave I’ll never know !

By vastly improving the inefficient Bolton and Watt steam engine. This made mining more profitable and allowed people like Humphrey Davy to develope chemistry and physics quickly. This led to the development of electrical systems used by Marconi, who sent the first transatlantic radio signals from Cornwall, which also had the main global telegraph network.

So if you need something done, get a moaning, pasty munching Cornish to do it.

And, we did not need slave labour like Bristol.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

By vastly improving the inefficient Bolton and Watt steam engine. This made mining more profitable and allowed people like Humphrey Davy to develope chemistry and physics quickly. This led to the development of electrical systems used by Marconi, who sent the first transatlantic radio signals from Cornwall, which also had the main global telegraph network.

So if you need something done, get a moaning, pasty munching Cornish to do it.

And, we did not need slave labour like Bristol.

True . Yes us Bristol folk ( I’m actually Czech - so a nasty descendant of an immigrant ) - we used cheap black labour to fuel our economic growth .

What a rainbow mix we all our ?

4 minutes ago, pocster said:

let’s not get it closed down like my brexit thread

The BREXIT Bridge.

So it will fail to communicate, crash out as the best option, not consistently apply established protocols, cost more and offer less.

But it will be "world class".

Just as long as your world is tiny and closed.

8 minutes ago, pocster said:

I’m actually Czech - so a nasty descendant of an immigrant

Some good engineers and theorists from there.

Not rubbed off over the generations.

Still, it accounts for your humour.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, pocster said:

Anyway this is MY bridge thread - let’s not get it closed down like my brexit thread ! ???

Seven no trumps.

Hope he doesn’t have a statue of himself as a Garden Gnome out the front ... somebody will pull it down with binder twine and drop it in the pond. Goldfish will get a headache.

Edited by Ferdinand

1 minute ago, SteamyTea said:

The BREXIT Bridge.

So it will fail to communicate, crash out as the best option, not consistently apply established protocols, cost more and offer less.

But it will be "world class".

Just as long as your world is tiny and closed.

Some good engineers and theorists from there.

Not rubbed off over the generations.

Still, it accounts for your humour.

Lol ! My ‘bridge’ will function better than any ‘brexit bridge’ that’s for sure .

2 minutes ago, pocster said:

Lol ! My ‘bridge’ will function better than any ‘brexit bridge’ that’s for sure .

Once all 27 other devices agree. 

And then only after 3 years of debate and watering down to fit the one trouble maker.

(I was trying so hard to be balanced)

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Once all 27 other devices agree. 

And then only after 3 years of debate and watering down to fit the one trouble maker.

(I was trying so hard to be balanced)

I think getting my stuff to work and communicate will be infinitely easier than your satirical comparison. After all in my world I am the dictator . If one of the 27 devices doesn’t agree it goes in the bin . Sending a firm message that disobedience will not be tolerated . They will be ruled with an iron fist and I can do as I wish with or without their support . Indeed I hold the trump card .