Level invert chambers

Russell griffiths

So reading another post on drainage has got me thinking

i have 4 WC all along a long 20m drainage run now it would be lovely to have them all on the main bottom section of the chamber base but I cannot see how this is possible, obviously the furthest away from the treatment plant will be on the main low run but the other 3 are going to have to come in at a side branch from the higher level. 

This just means the side poop will drop and splat 

im wondering about changing my chamber bases for level invert ones so there is no drop splat occurring. 

Im going to look at how the others on site work I’m not sure there is enough evidence of the drop splat theory to worry about. 

But i I can get 3 level inverts for under £100 so I’m happy to buy some instead of the standard ones I have. imageproxy.php?img=&key=f5f06bfe2c42e69c

I've got the osma level invert ones but restricted to max 600mm depth. I'd not worry about going into the side of a regular chamber providing you have sufficient and regular flow coming through the main level section behind the chamber. I've never had to go back to a system to deal with blockages from this so don't think its that much of a concern

18 minutes ago, Oz07 said:

I've got the osma level invert ones but restricted to max 600mm depth. I'd not worry about going into the side of a regular chamber providing you have sufficient and regular flow coming through the main level section behind the chamber. I've never had to go back to a system to deal with blockages from this so don't think its that much of a concern

I was sort of thinking that, the furthest wc will be used the most with bathroom attached, so lots of flow through the other chambers. 

I did upload a pic @JFDIY  but it’s vanished

i think I’m ok now, suddenly had a bout of overthinking. 

1 hour ago, Russell griffiths said:

I’m not sure there is enough evidence of the drop splat theory to worry about. 

If you want I can pop the lid off my MH and take a picture if you like - it's been a while since I rinsed it out so I'm sure there will be some crud splashed about in there by now?

41 minutes ago, LA3222 said:

If you want I can pop the lid off my MH and take a picture if you like - it's been a while since I rinsed it out so I'm sure there will be some crud splashed about in there by now?

I have a couple like this, I’m going around in a minute to do some testing, just brewing up a good test log. ????

1 hour ago, Russell griffiths said:

I have a couple like this, I’m going around in a minute to do some testing, just brewing up a good test log. ????

Ha. In all seriousness though, my static has been plumbed into a side branch for a year now and I do get backwash up the main branch inlet to the temp plug and some washes over the top of adjacent branches ( not sure how and when I've watched, the flow doesn't seem particularly violent).

I would like to think that when the main flow from the house is connected up it wont be an issue anymore but based on my own observations I would only connect the house to the main flow rather than a branch.

4 hours ago, LA3222 said:

It cannot be any worse than the infamous nose-blow hankie "have I got Covid-19" photo upload in the Corona virus thread, we were traumatised for life by that shot.

8 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

i think I’m ok now, suddenly had a bout of overthinking

The only reason I looked into it was that we had a sewer run with a 2" drop between my connection and the outgoing main, it kept blocking further up on my side as the fall was marginal. I was able to swap to a level invert I/C and the extra bit of fall has ment that four years on we've not had any re-occurrance of any blockages.