Vent Axia Sentinel Kinetic Plus B Diagnostic Screens

Hello all,

II have the above unit and was wondering if anyone has a list that shows what each screen info means in the diagnostic menus.

I am particularly interested in the temp readings as I am trying to set the summer by-pass function up.

I can obviously access the screens but some have what appears to be temperatures and percentages and others only have temperatures etc.

I cannot find anything on Vent Axias' site.

Thanks in advance.

There are two temps on the summer bypass, first is at which internal house temp (measured on extract port of unit) opens the bypass. Second is the outside temp (I think measured at unit inlet) at which the bypass is inhibited to prevent cold draughts.

So it might be opened at say an internal temperature above 26c (and presumably closed when colder than this).

but will be inhibited from opening when colder than 12c outside as a quick example.

Hi I do have the manual but it does not show what the information on each screen means that I can tell. I understand that it will be measuring the external and internal temps etc just wanted to know what the percentages referred too also.

Thanks

The % refer to inlet or extract fan speeds in each of the modes:

Low

Normal

Boost 

Purge.

You can set them to certain figures, the instructions show limitations relative to other modes.i.e normal settings must be below boost figures etc.

You can also make it switch to those settings based on time i.e I have mine switch to low mode between 9.30pm and 6am so it's silent.

I'll be honest the manual does tell you a lot of info. There is also a user manual which might help

kinetic plus B.pdf

1 hour ago, JFDIY said:

The % refer to inlet or extract fan speeds in each of the modes:

Low

Normal

Boost 

Purge.

You can set them to certain figures, the instructions show limitations relative to other modes.i.e normal settings must be below boost figures etc.

You can also make it switch to those settings based on time i.e I have mine switch to low mode between 9.30pm and 6am so it's silent.

I'll be honest the manual does tell you a lot of info. There is also a user manual which might help

kinetic plus B.pdf 1.06 MB · 1 download

Cheers   JFDIY,

Will look at it again, obviously too thick to understand it :)

@Stones @DOIGAN

Can you advise? I have same unit with summer bypass which I assume avoids the heat exchanger when the temperature outside is warming than the inside room temp.

Where are the sensors for the inside and outside temperature?

I think I want the summer bypass to be on permanently as I would rather have colder air in the house, below 19c if possible and especially at night.

Do I set the inside temp as low as possible?

I find the Vent Axia  manual a bit lacking for my brain.

Thank you.

@JamesP

Bypass only opened when extract air is above the 'indoor temp' set-point, as far as I know it doesn't relate to outside temperature. Other than if the outside is too cold (based on your 'outdoor temp' set-point)

Hope this extract from manual helps.

Screenshot_20200424-163328.png.7b338021ca996b5aafe9b85588300bfc.png

Edited by JFDIY
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

An update question on my MVHR.

Due to my system being very noisy and me not fitting a silencer to the system yet I currently have my unit to run at 20% airflow on Normal mode but at night I have it set to go into Low Mode and run at 10% so that I can sleep.

Yesterday I noticed that it was running in Normal mode at 24% when it should have been in Low Mode, upon checking this morning I found that the intake filter was wet. The filters are less than a year old, I live in a rural setting and I hoovered them end of March.

Humidity sensor set for 70% with summer by-pass switched on.

We have had a lot of damp and misty days lately, is it possible that the unit is drawing in very damp air which is getting the filter wet and causing the unit to react to the humidity?

If so any way of stopping this, here in Orkney we get a lot of sea mist and damp etc.

Ta

When at 24% was there an alpha symbol on the display? This indicates it's running based on humidity control.

Ours has been running a few % higher than normal the last couple of days on humidity, think I'm trying to day the planet though as I think I set the Rh at 55% and I bet it's higher than that outside some times at the moment

Is it worth removing the filter and seeing if the speed drops?

I'd have thought that the filter will dry by itself with the airflow through the unit.

Removing it for half an hour would tell you if that is what is driving the speed up.

Be worth checking the condensate drain is clear If you can, but I think that's a front panel off job

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am in a high humidity area too (1km to the sea), and I had to set the humidity sensor way up to 84%... it still always kicks in for showers, but less so for kettle boiling and general 'moist' air.

Fairly sure the installation manual says set the internal temp to about 4 degrees C higher than you would actually want it to be, to make the summer bypass behave.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hastings,

Sorry I did not really find an answer, I have just fitted my inline silencers and they have reduced the noise greatly, this has allowed me to increase the normal operating % back up to 30% and 80% when bathrooms used.

However I have just replaced the external vent covers and when I removed the extraction side the wall is very damp and wet inside the piping, see pictures. The original cover was sealed well so I do not believe water was getting in from outside. Any thoughts?

I have renewed all the internal filters in the machine and washed and dried the large honeycomb one too, this also had water inside it, I checked the drain hose from the machine, it is connected and unblocked.

IMG_20201011_100620752_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201011_100632411_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201011_101415984_HDR.jpg

3 hours ago, DOIGAN said:

However I have just replaced the external vent covers and when I removed the extraction side the wall is very damp and wet inside the piping, see pictures. The original cover was sealed well so I do not believe water was getting in from outside. Any thoughts?

I get condensation dripping from my MVHR external extract vent for certain weather conditions. It is normal, which is why the ducting leading to the external extract vent should always be angled downwards slightly to allow the water to drain away.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PeterStarck said:

I get condensation dripping from my MVHR external extract vent for certain weather conditions. It is normal, which is why the ducting leading to the external extract vent should always be angled downwards slightly to allow the water to drain away.

Hi Peter, thanks for the reply, I was worried due to the wetness of the wall and have concerns about it bossing, to be honest the pipe looks fairly level, I presume this long section of concrete is normal on an exterior wall vent?

I have fitted smaller round ones so unsure if the reduced surface area will help.

1 hour ago, DOIGAN said:

Hi Peter, thanks for the reply, I was worried due to the wetness of the wall and have concerns about it bossing, to be honest the pipe looks fairly level, I presume this long section of concrete is normal on an exterior wall vent?

I'm not sure I understand completely. What part of the building has got the large thickness of concrete that the extract duct is in. My house is all timber and the ducting is insulated right up to the vent and doesn't have any mould inside. My total wall thickness is 500mm.

1 hour ago, DOIGAN said:

I have fitted smaller round ones so unsure if the reduced surface area will help.

I don't think replacing the square vents with smaller round ones will affect the condensation but it may reduce air flow.

32 minutes ago, PeterStarck said:

I'm not sure I understand completely. What part of the building has got the large thickness of concrete that the extract duct is in. My house is all timber and the ducting is insulated right up to the vent and doesn't have any mould inside. My total wall thickness is 500mm.

I don't think replacing the square vents with smaller round ones will affect the condensation but it may reduce air flow.

Kept the same internal diameter, just a smaller outside area. The airflow is actually a concern I have after fitting the silencers, did not expect the reduction in noise that I have, no way of telling though, I presume only sure way would be to get the system checked by someone with a flow meter?

4 hours ago, DOIGAN said:

Kept the same internal diameter, just a smaller outside area. The airflow is actually a concern I have after fitting the silencers, did not expect the reduction in noise that I have, no way of telling though, I presume only sure way would be to get the system checked by someone with a flow meter?

Sorry Peter, just read your post properly, if you look at the photo it looks like a concrete sleeve further inside I can see the flex tubing, it might just be a long piece of plastic, unsure, the mould bothers me too, assume it's from the moisture.

15 hours ago, DOIGAN said:

The airflow is actually a concern I have after fitting the silencers, did not expect the reduction in noise that I have, no way of telling though, I presume only sure way would be to get the system checked by someone with a flow meter?

I fitted a silencer on my supply circuit which is silent, but didn't bother fitting one on the extract side and it is possible to hear a hum in the bathrooms from the vents. Fitting a silencer will affect the airflow but to what degree I don't know. I commissioned my system after everything had been installed.

10 hours ago, DOIGAN said:

Sorry Peter, just read your post properly, if you look at the photo it looks like a concrete sleeve further inside I can see the flex tubing, it might just be a long piece of plastic, unsure, the mould bothers me too, assume it's from the moisture.

My guess is that the concrete sleeve is probably ducting. If the ducting isn't insulated then condensation will form much further back in the ducting and mould is more likely to form.

12 hours ago, PeterStarck said:

I fitted a silencer on my supply circuit which is silent, but didn't bother fitting one on the extract side and it is possible to hear a hum in the bathrooms from the vents. Fitting a silencer will affect the airflow but to what degree I don't know. I commissioned my system after everything had been installed.

My guess is that the concrete sleeve is probably ducting. If the ducting isn't insulated then condensation will form much further back in the ducting and mould is more likely to form.

Thanks, will wait and see if the outer wall dries any.