Mitsubishi fake skylight

Temp

3 minutes ago, ProDave said:

you could even make it more realistic with clouds floating by.

The display in my car has an image of the car (the exact model, including colour and wheel type) on the right hand side of the screen, the bit that displays traffic, people, obstacles etc all around the car, as well as the road markings.  On this image there are projected reflections on the top, that use the current weather data for the car's location.  If it's sunny there's a reflection of the sun on the roof, if it's cloudy there are moving clouds reflected on the roof, and on a clear, dark night there are reflections of stars on the roof. . .

13 minutes ago, ProDave said:

A project for @Onoff  A repurposed flat screen tv or monitor and a recording of what you want.  you could even make it more realistic with clouds floating by.

Or just a video camera on the roof looking at the sky.

Could add the odd huge spider to scare people :-)

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Jeremy Harris said:

The display in my car has an image of the car (the exact model, including colour and wheel type) on the right hand side of the screen, the bit that displays traffic, people, obstacles etc all around the car, as well as the road markings.  On this image there are projected reflections on the top, that use the current weather data for the car's location.  If it's sunny there's a reflection of the sun on the roof, if it's cloudy there are moving clouds reflected on the roof, and on a clear, dark night there are reflections of stars on the roof. . .

What happens when you drive through a tunnel?

My wife has always wanted cars with a sunroof.  I hate them with a passion.  She's compromised with a "panoramic" roof in the Yaris she drives at the moment, and hasn't mentioned not having an opening roof for some time.  I'm not even a fan of "panoramic " roofs, TBH.  I put up with the all glass roof on my car just because there was no other choice.  Thankfully it's tinted and so isn't too much like being inside a greenhouse.