"Timber kings" on Home tv channel

DavidFrancis

Ignoring the fact that we now have a loose canon as leader of the "free world", I had a look at this last night.

I'm a keen watcher of Grand Designs and other similar programmes, and this had the potential to be very interesting.  Last night they were going to build a large post and beam house with much of it seemingly built of logs with just the bark removed, so pretty much unregularised.  It must have been an interesting mathematical challenge to get it all to fit together.

Yet it was all so contrived that I found it unwatchable and turned over after 20 minutes.

Has any one else watched it and found more in it?  I suppose it could be amusing if watched with the right attitude?

Found it very interesting as a chainsaw owner ..! Did you notice the inspector was a Brit ..??

They did one in the U.K. that ended up burnt to the ground before it was finished and they had to rebuild it - £4m insurance claim..!

29 minutes ago, TheMitchells said:

After seeing the trailer where one person fell from quite a height; no safety equipment seen and people were using chainsaws with no regard to safety, Mr Mitchell refused to watch it!  I have a feeling we would not have even managed 20 minutes.

Chainsaw gear is used - they also did a "safety video" as part of last nights episode ! 

9 hours ago, MikeSharp01 said:

No its part of the freeview scheme.

Thanks.

It turns out it is one of a handful of channels that are on freeview, but stubbornly remain as pay channels on satellite so are not of freesat. And since the only recorder I have is freesat I can't record it. I could watch it live on freeview, but I think I have made my preference about adverts known.

Quite why this ludicrous situation persists I don't know. Does anyone who pays a subscription for satellite tv really feel they are getting value for money by paying to watch some channels that are free on other platforms?