Makita electric chainsaw

Tennentslager

The BiL has the small 36V Makita DUC302Z jobbie and is super impressed. An "aerial bar" type I believe its called.

duc302z_2_1.thumb.jpg.073e5124dcd7dbda217894355d5702de.jpg

I think though the speed is different to their more conventional models, 8m/s vs 20m/s on the one you're looking at. I thought too that he said the chain was a different width or something but can't find the info. 

Edited by Onoff

353Z is a more like a conventional chainsaw with a layout that makes it fairly well balanced.

You’ll need a twin port fast charger and a pair of spare batteries too though as they eat batteries. 

And all the requisite PPE as they are just as sharp and dangerous as the petrol ones ... 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Tennentslager said:

D35A71D7-607E-4270-8FD7-ECEC9FB1B4D2.thumb.jpeg.24aeed7773e8f35c75ece6e2ce81019a.jpegWell it works a treat

6 cuts for 2x 4Ah batteries but that suits me fine as I can do my supply of wood a bit at a time.

Now stored under the hut for a season or more to dry out

I can see much use in only being able to make 3 cuts between battery changes.

36 minutes ago, bassanclan said:

I can see much use in only being able to make 3 cuts between battery changes.

It’s a 2 battery machine so 6 cuts on one pair of batteries 

In any case I have 4 batteries so it’s fine to charge at home then go to the hut which is off grid

17 minutes ago, Tennentslager said:

It’s a 2 battery machine so 6 cuts on one pair of batteries 

In any case I have 4 batteries so it’s fine to charge at home then go to the hut which is off grid

maybe more time sharpening chain would help

I can certainly notice the difference with my oregon cordless saw ,which has built in sharpening stone --by giving it a wee sharpen every  now and then 

I never have to  lean on it just does it 

It was the built in sharpener that attracted me too it 

If anyone knows how to make it easy to  sharpen chains it will be oregon

so far run time with all my heavy brush and 6-12+" trees has been about  40mins for  dead dry wood  -to an hour  for live sycamores + ash  for a single 6amp battery  

I got 2 batteries so by the time I have use both along with humping trees off the road   Its time for a break  

Edited by scottishjohn
  • Like 1