Walk in shower or tray

7 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Put the sink indirectly opposite the WC ?

At 1200mm it won’t be usable as a wet shower eg open ended. Just won’t happen. 

Sorry ; not drawn in the bath - this is on the wall opposite the sink . Easiest option is a cubicle .

What I do want then is as minimalist as possible .

30 minutes ago, pocster said:

Erk no ! Got a geberit pan going on the end wall already .

i’ll just do a 1000 x 1000 or similar door’d Cubicle for the shower .

Wise words. Well, except the "Erk" bit lol. It was more the principal than the actual unit ;)  

So pan on the end wall ( facing the door ) and basin on the shower wall? Have you drawn this on graph paper to see what circulation space you have left?

12 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Wise words. Well, except the "Erk" bit lol. It was more the principal than the actual unit ;)  

So pan on the end wall ( facing the door ) and basin on the shower wall? Have you drawn this on graph paper to see what circulation space you have left?

I could make him a scale model...

20180105_230949

2019-09-08_03-01-14

?

19 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

From my other thread...

21201B27-CAA0-47E2-8E1E-F86260F59B15.jpeg.792515a1b450ab5f23c4352651a64472.jpeg

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, pocster said:

Please. Will the scale model take 4 years also? ?

I'll line 'em up, you knock 'em down.

Wtf do you get 4 years from? And the rest.

Anyway, I think the results prove the method in my madness!

Seriously though I learnt so much from doing it thanks to all on here.

Edited by Onoff
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ferdinand said:

For a serious moment, you could gain 200-400 by turning the loo through 90, or going for a corner throne, and moving the whb.

Yeah I wanted the loo on the wall because 

a) It's an external wall ; so better noise wise

b) There's a false stud wall there to hide mvhr pipework etc. so made sense to use that space for a wc cistern.

That part of the build has passed the "Project item commit" stage!

Edited by pocster

1 hour ago, Ferdinand said:

He won’t fit, unless there is nothing behind that crisp packet.

Actually looking at @Onoff 's photo. Doesn't the toilet get soaked when someone showers???

Whats the distance @Onoff from the corner to the toilet?

Edited by pocster

BOSS HAS CONFIRMED APPROVAL!!!

That might override @Nickfromwales comments (assuming unfavourable!).

1200x800 with the 250 'flange' to reduce spray/splash. Nice black tray 1200x800 (unless Nick you think that drains a mare - then I would change to a different drain arrangement)

More exciting than waiting for the DUP to YEAH or POO the Brexit deal. Hopefully Nick won't take 3 years to respond.....?? it is mid week!

I have a 1200 x 800 shower tray with 1200 glass panel and a 300 “flipper” panel (hinged on the first glass panel. We also have a rain head (er indoors wanted it but never used!! )and normal shower head on rail all from external mixer (don’t like plumbing buried in the wall and mine is easily replaceable and cheap?. We find very little water gets past the tray, the flipper panel stops water tracking along the glass screen and on the floor.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, pocster said:

BOSS HAS CONFIRMED APPROVAL!!!

That might override @Nickfromwales comments (assuming unfavourable!).

1200x800 with the 250 'flange' to reduce spray/splash. Nice black tray 1200x800 (unless Nick you think that drains a mare - then I would change to a different drain arrangement)

More exciting than waiting for the DUP to YEAH or POO the Brexit deal. Hopefully Nick won't take 3 years to respond.....?? it is mid week!

Wonder if this boss will take responsibility for the decision if it doesn't work ? ?

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, joe90 said:

I have a 1200 x 800 shower tray with 1200 glass panel and a 300 “flipper” panel (hinged on the first glass panel. We also have a rain head (er indoors wanted it but never used!! )and normal shower head on rail all from external mixer (don’t like plumbing buried in the wall and mine is easily replaceable and cheap?. We find very little water gets past the tray, the flipper panel stops water tracking along the glass screen and on the floor.

@joe90 you really are Joe90 . I’m sure there was an episode where you were given the brain image of a welsh plumber !! 

I like the tray, and same for the glass arrangement. ?

The drain is nothing to worry about as it’s still technically a “self-cleaning” trap ( which means it’s user-serviceable ). 

Buy it with a credit card seems the safest bet here as the feedback isn’t great. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, pocster said:

you really are Joe90 . I’m sure there was an episode where you were given the brain image of a welsh plumber !! 

Ha, the name comes from my nick name at school where I would invent things (and had the same kind of glasses).

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

I like the tray, and same for the glass arrangement. ?

The drain is nothing to worry about as it’s still technically a “self-cleaning” trap ( which means it’s user-serviceable ). 

Buy it with a credit card seems the safest bet here as the feedback isn’t great. 

That’s a roger Roger ( if he permits ! ) . It’s been sanctioned by DUP / Nick - remember! No political crap here !!!

@Nickfromwales be prepared for more questions once purchased!!